Me not smoking on my way to work isn't going to stop me from smelling like cigarettes

Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:15 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:06 am
Inmybizz wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:49 am Have you tried hair refresher.
Febreeze really does work. Try to find unscented and spray it in the car and on you. The chemical was actually discovered inadvertently by a smoker, a chemist who realized after working with it and getting it on him, he did not smell like cigarettes anymore, well his wife did, lol.
Maybe ill get some of that
There is also hair refresher. Spray it in your hair to get rid of smoke, food smells.
Spunky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:33 pm
Spunky wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:29 pm I've worked as a CNA and I've been a smoker. I can tell you 100% you absolutely stink. Everything around you stinks. People can absorb toxins from the smoking when you touch them. There are many layers to smoking. I quit about 3 months ago and even though my clothes have been washed several times since they still stink. That shit sticks to everything.
I can 💯% assure you,you don't want to die from emphysema. It's a horrible way to go. I'm sure as an aide you've experienced this. Imagine the pain your children will feel as they watch you suffocating. The helplessness they will experience. It's not easy and I am going cold turkey with only God as my aide. I want one every minute of everyday bit know it WILL kill me whether it be from cancer,heart attack,stroke or emphysema,it will eventually catch up to me. You may be okay with all that but your client cares more about their health than you so the least you can do is honor her wishes because you are her caregiver and it's the clients request.
As a previous smoker you should know that i will quit if and when i am ready and i agreed to not smoke while on the clock but i will smoke on my way to work. The one not honoring her wishes is the office not me.
The fact that you're so defensive tells me you've thought about quitting. You are correct. It has to be something you want to do. So what's stopping ya?

No,you've been asked by employer to not smoke before visiting her yet you do it anyway. You're the one in the wrong. Actually it sounds to me like you do it purposely and if that's the case you're a terrible aide and should be fired. A great aide would do as asked and what's in the best interest of the patient.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:49 pm Smoking is gross and smells nasty. I've requested different nurses etc because they stunk.
I had dental assistants that smelled awful before. It could taste it on their hands through their gloves. Not to mention when they would get their face close to you. 🤢
Deleted User 876

Unread post

EmilyH87 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:03 am Gross. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to smell that.
Me either. The stench makes me physically ill.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Guest wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:47 am
EmilyH87 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:37 am
Guest wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:14 am

It isn't my problem if other people are bothered by me smelling like cigarettes smoke. It is legal to smoke so it isn't my problem.
You sound like SUCH a considerate person. This woman might have a bad reaction to the smell of smoke and you don't give a damn.
I didn't asked to be placed with her. That was the office not me and if she was allergic to cigarettes smoke they would know and wouldn't place
a smoker with her. Chances are she just doesn't like it or has had aid to take to many smoke breaks. I am considerate person but yall non smokers thinks the world revolves around you. I smell like cigarettes smoke. That is my business if a non smoker doesn't like it then don't stand next to me
"I smell awful, but I don't care if it bothers anyone else." That is basically a definition of inconsiderate. You were also asked not to smoke before going over there, and you're going to do it anyway. Inconsiderate x 2

The fact people can still suck on cigarettes knowing what it does to your body and lungs is mind-blowing.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

You sound kind of gross.

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:47 pm Maybe smelling smoke can hurt her health.
Of that was the case it would be on her health records and they wouldn't put a smoker with her period

Unread post

Spunky wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:03 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:33 pm
Spunky wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:29 pm I've worked as a CNA and I've been a smoker. I can tell you 100% you absolutely stink. Everything around you stinks. People can absorb toxins from the smoking when you touch them. There are many layers to smoking. I quit about 3 months ago and even though my clothes have been washed several times since they still stink. That shit sticks to everything.
I can 💯% assure you,you don't want to die from emphysema. It's a horrible way to go. I'm sure as an aide you've experienced this. Imagine the pain your children will feel as they watch you suffocating. The helplessness they will experience. It's not easy and I am going cold turkey with only God as my aide. I want one every minute of everyday bit know it WILL kill me whether it be from cancer,heart attack,stroke or emphysema,it will eventually catch up to me. You may be okay with all that but your client cares more about their health than you so the least you can do is honor her wishes because you are her caregiver and it's the clients request.
As a previous smoker you should know that i will quit if and when i am ready and i agreed to not smoke while on the clock but i will smoke on my way to work. The one not honoring her wishes is the office not me.
The fact that you're so defensive tells me you've thought about quitting. You are correct. It has to be something you want to do. So what's stopping ya?

No,you've been asked by employer to not smoke before visiting her yet you do it anyway. You're the one in the wrong. Actually it sounds to me like you do it purposely and if that's the case you're a terrible aide and should be fired. A great aide would do as asked and what's in the best interest of the patient.

If i was doing anything purposely i would atill smoke on my my 15 minute break that i am entitled too. I told them i wouldn't but unless they won't to pau me for my drive to work i will smoke on my way to work. It isnt wrong since it is my time and i am not getting paid for it. And as i said many clients i have worked with think i am great aide and want me full time. So what a total stranger online thinks who has never met me os irrelevant and defensive. Lmao

Unread post

EmilyH87 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:20 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:47 am
EmilyH87 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:37 am

You sound like SUCH a considerate person. This woman might have a bad reaction to the smell of smoke and you don't give a damn.
I didn't asked to be placed with her. That was the office not me and if she was allergic to cigarettes smoke they would know and wouldn't place
a smoker with her. Chances are she just doesn't like it or has had aid to take to many smoke breaks. I am considerate person but yall non smokers thinks the world revolves around you. I smell like cigarettes smoke. That is my business if a non smoker doesn't like it then don't stand next to me
"I smell awful, but I don't care if it bothers anyone else." That is basically a definition of inconsiderate. You were also asked not to smoke before going over there, and you're going to do it anyway. Inconsiderate x 2

The fact people can still suck on cigarettes knowing what it does to your body and lungs is mind-blowing.

There are tons of people who stimk from to much perfume or not taking showers. I had a client who smelled like pee and he wouldn't take a shower or changes his pissy clothes . It isnt my problem that some people are bothered by it. And i dont get paid to drive there. I am not on the clock. They want to not smoke then they pay me for my drive. That is like telling someone to not eat garlic or onion before work since it can make their brearh stink

Unread post

KaiandKadensMama wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:34 pm You sound kind of gross.
You sound kinda bitchy.
Locked Previous topicNext topic