Do you drink alcohol?

AJandJDsMom
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Self medicating is the last thing you want to do. I can't believe a Dr. would recommend that. Please do not do this, especially if you have an alcoholic in the family. It's a very slippery slope and does not take much for some people.

I am pretty much only a social drinker. I went out and had my fun and drank several times a week when I was in my early 20's. And now that I am in a bigger place that I can have get together's in, I drink a little more often than I did. But most of the alcohol that I have in my house, I have had for more than a year. I've only drank a few times since July, when I started a 2nd job and I have to drive in the evenings for a little while and am back up early...even on weekends. I think I've drank 2 or 3 times since mid July and it's only been 1 or 2 drinks each time.
Thunderbug75
Countess
Countess

Unread post

These days I drink mostly beer or wine a few times a month.

But when I was younger I drank a lot ..... 3 or 4 days a week. I have friends and family who are alcoholics but I never worried about that.

There was a time that I would drink so that I could sleep. First it was 1 beer before bed and then two ..... after awhile the beer wouldn't help anymore. So, I went to the doctor. Turns out not sleeping was a sign of my depression.

I think you need to find a different therapist. Good luck.

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:42 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:49 am
MysticDreamer wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:51 pm Nope. I don't even allow it in my home, or go to events where alcohol is served.

Find another therapist. Your current one is an enabler, it seems.
So if your kids had alcohol at their wedding you wouldnt go?
She knows my stance on this, so that wouldn't be an issue. However, what she does any other time is on her.
Okay but what if her soon to be husband wanted alcohol? You do realize that he would be more important than you and your opinion on their wedding day right?

If it was going to be there at the wedding would you honestly miss it?
Coffeetillcocktails
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:51 pm Nope. I don't even allow it in my home, or go to events where alcohol is served.

Find another therapist. Your current one is an enabler, it seems.
She knows my stance on this, so that wouldn't be an issue. However, what she does any other time is on her.
You do realize that at a wedding there’s a whole other side that might have a very different stance right? So if the grooms side wants alcohol What will you do?
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Coffeetillcocktails wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:59 pm

You do realize that at a wedding there’s a whole other side that might have a very different stance right? So if the grooms side wants alcohol What will you do?
Let me make this crystal clear, since some have this illusion there is only one way to do this.

The family dynamics is set up where this will not be an issue.

All the events the extended family have are alcohol free. The other family will know this well ahead of time, that if they want an alcohol filled celebration, they can plan a separate celebration on their own, if having alcohol around is that damned important to them.
Coffeetillcocktails
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:05 pm

Let me make this crystal clear, since some have this illusion there is only one way to do this.

All the events the extended family have are alcohol free. The other family will know this well ahead of time, that if they want an alcohol filled celebration, they can plan a separate celebration on their own, if having alcohol around is that damned important to them.
Ok. Weddings aren’t separate celebrations lol. Hope u don’t find yourself on the outside of an important event by being so rigid.

Sounds like you think there’s only one way to do it based on the completely unbending stance lol
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I drink once or twice a week. I like different things. I get drunk about once a month or two.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Coffeetillcocktails wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:10 pm

Ok. Weddings aren’t separate celebrations lol. Hope u don’t find yourself on the outside of an important event by being so rigid.

Sounds like you think there’s only one way to do it based on the completely unbending stance lol
All I can think about is vineyard mom from cafemom and God help us we don't need another sequel to that.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

All the events the extended family have are alcohol free. The other family will know this well ahead of time, that if they want an alcohol filled celebration, they can plan a separate celebration on their own, if having alcohol around is that damned important to trhem.

How old are your children?
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:33 pm
Coffeetillcocktails wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:10 pm

All I can think about is vineyard mom from cafemom and God help us we don't need another sequel to that.
Immediately where my mind went..Vineyard mom.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Locked Previous topicNext topic