My kid is a perfect angel at home.

Unread post

He's is in kindergarten. He's mean, hateful and violent monster at school but a perfect angel at home. The teachers are setting up for him to have a nap in the afternoon. I don't know what to do.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mine is the opposite. Great at school, jerk at home. We suspect ADD as his doctor told me kids with those conditions do tend to behave better in school where it's more structured.

Is your son overwhelmed? Trouble adjusting?
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Does he have siblings at home?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My sons are nicest to other adults. I believe they find me 'safe' so they speak to me as if I'm a friend of theirs. I just find it rude at times. Especially yds who has social anxiety but will argue with me.
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My kids are the opposite. They're loved wherever they go outside of our home, but they're little shits AT home.

As much as it sucks for me and dad, it's a good thing. They know that Home is their safe harbor. They can do whatever, be whatever, and they know they're still loved.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
anon

Unread post

My daughter is the opposite she's an angel at school and at home is sassy and bossy a lot. They told me a few times how she always listens to directions given and picks up after herself and others, I thought they were talking about the wrong child at first but nope it wasn't.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would suspect there is something(s) sensory wise that he cannot deal with at school, so that’s a long list, so for example, the noise, lights, verbal commands, other activity...everybody’s neurological system is a different and processes all the chaotic input different. His system sounds overly taxed?

See if you can listen or read the book self-reg by Stuart Shanker to see if you can get any ideas. And then look for professional help if you think that fits, as teachers are not always very good at dealing with sensitive kids.

I also believe time fixes time can fix many behavior woes. He is so little, age alone may help him.

*hugs*
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Is he sleep deprived?
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That's odd. Usually it's the opposite.

Best wishes.
Mammagoose
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:43 pm I would suspect there is something(s) sensory wise that he cannot deal with at school, so that’s a long list, so for example, the noise, lights, verbal commands, other activity...everybody’s neurological system is a different and processes all the chaotic input different. His system sounds overly taxed?

See if you can listen or read the book self-reg by Stuart Shanker to see if you can get any ideas. And then look for professional help if you think that fits, as teachers are not always very good at dealing with sensitive kids.

I also believe time fixes time can fix many behavior woes. He is so little, age alone may help him.

*hugs*
I thought about this but unless her ds is highly sheltered she would see signs of this other times and it doesn't sound like that's the case. Does he have other siblings at home?
Locked Previous topicNext topic