How does someone actually fail this hard?

JustHOW

Unread post

Someone in one of my classes (college) made a 27 on a major project. This is one we spent weeks on in class, turned in for review before final project, did a peer review, and overall was fairly simple. (It was a group project and we were able to pick our groups. We had to invent a math game to teach any math concept we wanted.) The rubric was EXTREMELY self-explanatory.

In order to pass the class, they will have to make above an 80 on everything else. If it is who I think it is, that probably won't happen.

Also, if you knew you were going to fail a class, would you drop it before the withdraw deadline?
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If I knew I was going to fail, I probably would withdraw and get extra help before taking it again. Once I remember a boy in my medical terminology class having a fit in class because one answer was marked wrong when it was right. It brought his grade up to a 30. The guy who sat next to him went "Man, you really wanted that F+, huh buddy." Tantrum-boy was embarrassed and was mercifully silent for the rest of class. I get going to the professor and showing them the mistake, but having a tantrum in class wasn't the way to go about it.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm assuming he's failing because he didn't do the work. Maybe there was something else going on at home, and he just didn't have the time. It's possible he's talked to the professor and is going to be given an extension or something.

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would suck at it. I used School house rock to teach ds his times table and I thought that was the height of originality. They give me that project and I'd be like yep I'm out of here. I hate math.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Some people just flat out don't care. When I was in college quite a few people didn't take it seriously because their parents made them go.
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

hopefully I do better than that on my midterm this morning; neuroanatomy

pray
for
me
RedBottoms

Unread post

yes if I was sure I would fail it I would withdraw. And I have never made a grade that bad in my life so I don't know how someone manages it. At least not on a big project
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

People fail everyday, some learn from it, some don't.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He probably went to a school where you get a detention if Mommy and Daddy don't sign you in but get a free pass if Mommy and Daddy show up. I think he's hoping Mommy will walk in soon and sign him out.
Ilovemydaughter06
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:05 am I'm assuming he's failing because he didn't do the work. Maybe there was something else going on at home, and he just didn't have the time. It's possible he's talked to the professor and is going to be given an extension or something.
How do you know it's a man, maybe it's a woman, the OP never said male or female.
Locked Previous topicNext topic