I'm mad she isn't coming

Unread post

And I know it's probably hormones but yeah I am upset.

I invited my sister to my baby shower and she isn't coming.

She said she doesn't have plans, just that *Baby showers aren't my thing.*

Well that's funny because you've been to all the other ones in our family for the last 2 years but now when it's my turn it's not your thing? We haven't had a lot, we have had 2 in 2 years, so it's not been one after another and she's burned out.

She has 3 kids and had a shower for each one. I went to every one of those and bought her nice gifts each time. This is the only baby shower I will ever have. Due to medical reasons I will not be having more children after this one and I have never had a baby shower before. And her kids are all young adults now so it's not about a babysitter thing, etc.

I don't even care if people bring gifts. A baby shower is about celebrating the baby and being together with friends and family. No gift needed and I specified that to everyone because I know not everyone has money for a gift.

I'm just irritated she declined to come to mine. The ones she went to were for distant family members-like second cousins, etc but she can't come to mine and I'm her sister!
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

That would hurt me as well.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If you two are close I'd be upset too. Her excuse is bs. I didn't even like going to my own shower, lol, but I happily went to SIL's because I was excited about my nephew. She's a dick and I'd tell her so.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Did you tell her you thought she was being a shitty sister?

My feeling would be hurt, too. I also would t just be like ‘oh okay’. She’d know she hurt my feelings.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That would hurt my feelings too.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I can see how that would bother you, especially if you two are close.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That would hurt my feelings too. Have you tried talking to her about it? There has to be a reason. Maybe she's going through something personal and she's not really up for it.

cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That is a very hurtful and selfish thing to do. She is a hypocrite, pure and simple.

I'm sorry, I hope you have a great time at your shower with people who are sincerely excited for you.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's understandable to be upset. Even if it's not her thing, sometimes we do things we don't super enjoy because they are important to the people we love. It's making a basic effort and she is being selfish.
Aislinn
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I hate showers. I hate bridal showers (I didn't even have a bridal shower) and baby showers. I can think of much better things to do with my time, BUT I go because everything doesn't have to be about me. Lol I love the people the showers are for, so I plaster a smile on my face, get a beautiful gift and suck it up.
Locked Previous topicNext topic