Lost assignment

RedBottoms

Unread post

Shaken1976 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:12 am
Fullxbusymom wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:11 am Well no but only if the teacher admits ever receiving it. If teacher does not then student needs to redo the assignment and possibly for a reduced grade if now considered late.
The teacher dropped a folder with assignments. It was windy and they went everywhere. He was able to retrieve some of them but not all of them. He told the students this.
then that sounds like a case of just not counting that for anyone
RedBottoms

Unread post

I had a teacher once admit to the class that her new puppy ate one student's homework. LOL it was pretty funny. Her new puppy got ahold of one of the math homework worksheets and chewed it up. She admitted the mistake to the entire class and let that student know he would be getting a 100 on that assignment. That is how you handle something like this
eyes4ears
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

They should be given a few days to write the essays.

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:40 am If I were said teacher, everyone would get an A for the assignment. No one would have to do it over, except if it was a typed assignment and it would be easy for the kids to print out and turn in again.
Giving everyone an A would be unfair. You would be boosting grades of those that are doing poorly
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Guest wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:59 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:40 am If I were said teacher, everyone would get an A for the assignment. No one would have to do it over, except if it was a typed assignment and it would be easy for the kids to print out and turn in again.
Giving everyone an A would be unfair. You would be boosting grades of those that are doing poorly
No it wouldn't be unfair at all.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think it depends on the assignment. That said, I don't really understand how or why a teacher would lose assignments very often. I was a teacher for five years and lost an assignment exactly once.
Locked Previous topicNext topic