Adulting class in high school

agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think that's pretty cool. While it's something that parents should teach their kids, you can't teach something you don't know. And many parents don't know how to do those things. Every school should do this.

mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That sounds great. Here, they sprinkle in a little bit of money management starting in elementary. It isn't a big enough focus or priority, though. There is also 12th grade economics where you learn taxes and balancing a budget. I think it should have more emphasis. Budgeting should be an entire class, I think.
Test

Unread post

In some ways, it’s sad that it has to be a class. What happened to PARENTS preparing their children for adulthood?
TrouserMouse
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

My 16 year old talks about this all of the time. He feels his school isn't preparing him for real life at all. He had recently asked me to explain to him how insurance works whether it be health, life, auto, or whatever. He didn't understand the process.
silverdawn99
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Umm that is home economics
silverdawn99
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Test wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:15 pm In some ways, it’s sad that it has to be a class. What happened to PARENTS preparing their children for adulthood?
You mean its our job to teach them??
Locked Previous topicNext topic