First time flyer

mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

the flying part is easy. it's getting through tsa that can be a real bitch.
don't yell at them. they don't like that and you'll find yourself in a precarious situation with people who carry guns standing a little too close for comfort. not that this is my personal experience, i just saw it happen once ;)
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No help here. I absolutely love flying
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

gum, headphones and a book to read (if you're a reader) or a phone/tablet to keep you occupied.
CrazyJenn wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:27 am My husband and I are leaving next week for a trip to Cancun. We've never flown before, and I'm starting to get nervous.
Anyone have some tips or tricks for me?
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

lolol This Don't carry a purse full of change. That gets you pulled over.

mojogirl wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:53 am the flying part is easy. it's getting through tsa that can be a real bitch.
don't yell at them. they don't like that and you'll find yourself in a precarious situation with people who carry guns standing a little too close for comfort. not that this is my personal experience, i just saw it happen once ;)
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

don't have any excessive amounts of metal. this includes clothing with more than a couple of metal buttons. learned that the hard way.

oh, if you do get squirrely with the tsa agents, just know you'll be placed on some sort of black list where they will pull you aside and pat you down EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. you fly from now until the end of time. again, not personal experience, just someone i know, very casual acquaintance. ;)
hotspice58 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:28 am lolol This Don't carry a purse full of change. That gets you pulled over.

mojogirl wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:53 am the flying part is easy. it's getting through tsa that can be a real bitch.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Have a fun and safe trip. Good luck! I have never flown, and terrified to get on a plane. So no help here.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The airport is worse than the plane itself. Wear socks. Security often makes you remove your shoes and standing there in your bare feet can feel a little icky. Otherwise just remember to remove electronics separately to put in a bin, and declare any liquids you may have in your bags. Arrive at the airport early to allow plenty of time to get through security so you don't have to feel rushed.

Do either of you suffer any kind of motion sickness? If so, you want to try to get seats over the wings. That's the most stable part of the plan when it's in flight. The back of the plane is the worst. You can feel everything back there. And I don't know how you guys are with personal space but there is none on an airplane. One of you is going to be rubbing thighs with a stranger. But it's not a big deal, it's just how it is on commercial airplanes.

Then just think about comfort and entertainment. Neck pillows, tablets or other electronics, books, and whatever else helps you feel comfortable and pass the time.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Also, there is a show that airs on The Weather Channel sometimes called "Why Planes Crash". It chronicles the big airplane crashes in history and dives into the series of events that caused it to crash.

DON'T watch that show between now and when you leave for your trip.

My son and I love that show though and think it would be awesome irony if they gave it as an option on the in-flight movies/series to watch. Though I have to say, on a flight DH and I just took in early August, as DH was scrolling through the movie options, I thought I saw Snakes On A Plane. I can't swear to it, maybe I was just thinking of the irony then too and thought I saw it, but that would be awesome.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

CrazyJenn wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:27 am My husband and I are leaving next week for a trip to Cancun. We've never flown before, and I'm starting to get nervous.
Ask your doctor for Valium. Take it an hour before you get to the airport. After the first flight you probably won't be so nervous. It's the unknown that's scary.
CrazyJenn
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:58 pm
Ask your doctor for Valium. Take it an hour before you get to the airport. After the first flight you probably won't be so nervous. It's the unknown that's scary.
I don't want to take any meds cause I think that'll make things worse, lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic