I left a dead rat on my neighbor's porch

Dead rat

Unread post

My neighbor complained he had a rat problem. Which I thought was odd as I certainly do not and he lives next door.

He asked me to bait but frankly I do not have the money right now. I would have to buy something that is pet safe which tends to be expensive.

So then I suddenly started noticing dead rats in my yard. Hmm weird as like I said I have not baited.

Turns out this dickface cockwad was throwing his dead rats from his yard into mine!

I reviewed my cameras and he was picking them up with a shovel and chucking them into my yard!

So I downloaded the footage to a blank disc, picked the rat up with my own shovel and left it on his front porch. I then left the disc in an envelope in his mailbox with a note inside that said "Watch me."

I have asked my other neighbors if they have a rat issue and they said no. So it must be only him for some reason. Still who does that? Who throws a dead rat into someone's yard?

I got the idea from my Mom. Her old neighbor used to let his dog poop in her yard. There was no fence separating their yards. She picked the poop up and left it on his front porch. He stopped.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Just so you know, since he seems like the kind of guy who would hold you on it, it's illegal to leave anything in someone's mailbox.

Unread post

You both sound like idiots
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Gross
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I mean, if your neighbor has a rat problem the whole neighborhood probably does whether you guys know it yet or not. This is not the time for petty crap. Everyone has to work together to fix the situation which may involve informing the city. My mom's half of the city has dealt with rats for years and the city is finally helping. It needs to be nipped in the bud asap because rats cause all sorts of problems! They will chew through the wires in your car and everything. It's terrible.
Anon

Unread post

You beat me, haha

The U.S. Code for crimes and criminal procedure prohibits the placement of unstamped flyers in any mailbox. Title 18, section 1725 states that any person who knowingly deposits "mail-able matter" without postage in an established letter box shall be subject to a fine.

The Government Accountability Office reports that fines may be as high as $5,000 per occurrence for individuals and $10,000 per occurrence for organizations.

This law is commonly known as the "mailbox restriction."

The restriction also includes anything placed upon, supported by, attached to, hung from, or inserted into a mail receptacle.

Circulars and sale bills are specifically prohibited in the document (see below).

Mail slots in residential doors are not covered under postal policy or the statute, because they provide direct access into the home itself.

Non-lockable bins or troughs used with apartment house mailboxes” are also excluded.
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:55 am Just so you know, since he seems like the kind of guy who would hold you on it, it's illegal to leave anything in someone's mailbox.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wouldn't have done that, I would have reported him. There has to be someone you can contact to take care of this issue. He has rats because his yard and house are probably a mess. That tends to attract them. We have field mice because there is a corn field directly behind our house, and they come here looking for food and water. It drives me nuts. Still, I would never throw them back into the field.

Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’m guilty of flinging shit back onto the neighbors driveway. It seems he finally got the hint to pick up after his dogs.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anon wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:07 am You beat me, haha

The U.S. Code for crimes and criminal procedure prohibits the placement of unstamped flyers in any mailbox. Title 18, section 1725 states that any person who knowingly deposits "mail-able matter" without postage in an established letter box shall be subject to a fine.

The Government Accountability Office reports that fines may be as high as $5,000 per occurrence for individuals and $10,000 per occurrence for organizations.

This law is commonly known as the "mailbox restriction."

The restriction also includes anything placed upon, supported by, attached to, hung from, or inserted into a mail receptacle.

Circulars and sale bills are specifically prohibited in the document (see below).

Mail slots in residential doors are not covered under postal policy or the statute, because they provide direct access into the home itself.

Non-lockable bins or troughs used with apartment house mailboxes” are also excluded.
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:55 am Just so you know, since he seems like the kind of guy who would hold you on it, it's illegal to leave anything in someone's mailbox.
The post office has bigger fish to fry than a person leaving her neighbour a dvd in their mailbox.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Locked Previous topicNext topic