Do you think the teacher is singling out my dd?

Unread post

My dd is in 2nd grade. Since she started school everyone just LOVES my dd. She is a very sweet and loving kid. She was doing so good in school last year they gave her a test and her results was above average intelligence. She is very smart and helps her OLDER sister with her homework.

This year everything changed. She has a new teacher. Her new teacher just sent home a progress report saying she is doing horrible in everything and has no self control! I call BULL! I looked at her graded papers and she is getting 100 percent on all of them except for 2 where she got 1 wrong answer. But still. And then kept on wanting dd to take tutoring which according to her papers she doesn't need. And she has excellent self control.

Then today the teacher took a picture of everyone in class working in various groups. Except my dd. Funny how every student had their pic taken but cut out MY dd!

I am steaming MAD! We have parent teacher conference coming up and I don't want to wAit to know why she is singling out my dd!
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This is posted twice
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I hope you are a troll.
Ilovemydaughter06
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Oh wah, wah, wah, you better get that bitch fired!!!!" Make sure she NEVER EVER teaches again.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Why don't you contact the teacher if you have concerns. They're almost always available by e-mail & phone if not in person.?
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I had a teacher who singled me out too. She used to make fun of me for having long hair and would mock me for reading books she thought were stupid. After I had her she got in trouble for calling a student the N word. My Mom didn't care. If I were you I would contact the teacher and ask for a meeting with the principal there. You are her voice when people are mistreating her.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If you're that worried about it, you should call and set up an appointment with the teacher, and the principal. Take in all of your daughter's papers, and her progress report and ask what is going on with it. I would be pretty upset too, but don't jump to conclusions. You don't know what goes on in that classroom when you aren't there.

Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would start by calmly asking if maybe there was a mixup because you’ve seen dds papers and she seems to be doing just fine in school.

And the pictures might have been an accident.

Give her a chance first
Anon

Unread post

Meet with the teacher now and take all of the tests and classwork that proves your dd is doing good. I would give the teacher one chance to explain herself and her justification for giving dd a bad progress report.
If she refuses to explain and refuses to change her grades to reflect the tests and vlassword scores then go to the principal.
If he or she doesnt fix the situation then demand that your child be moved to another class and file a formal complaint about the teacher with the doe
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I hope this isn't a troll post. This happened to my daughter. If this is truly happening to your daughter, go to the principal and get the kid moved to another class.
Locked Previous topicNext topic