Allowance?

Unread post

You're assuming she has the support system you did. Most teens who get pregnant, especially as young as she did, don't.

And yes, the odds are astronomically against her. Do you not understand how odds work?
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:17 pm Not necessarily. She can leave hom. Maybe move back in with her parents while she continues her education. With the right support system it is very possible. I did it . I left , worked got with my current dh and then went back to school. Even if she does get on welfare for a while it is better than living in her current situation.

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:42 pm The odds are astronomically against her.
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:39 pm

You don't know that. I had my oldest at 17. I was in an abusive controlling relationship. I left and i have never been on welfare. She is young. She has made some mistakes but that doesn't mean the rest of her life is doomed.

Unread post

The people who did things the right way and have the pleasure of paying for those who didn't.
luvthagirl wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:34 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:16 pm There's no point. She can't make it without him. She's stuck and it's her own fault. Zero sympathy.

What she'll probably do is leave him eventually and get on welfare, so people like me can pay for her fuckups.

Exactly who are people like you?
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:39 am

Meh, I understand your position but she already has the child. Maybe try offering some constructive advice instead of acting like a bitch?
Anon

Unread post

Thats called financial abuse. Tell.him to give you complete access to.the.money or else
Anon

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:39 am
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:36 am You're a perfect example of why babies shouldn't have babies.
SahmOP wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:25 am Wow, you all have the same answer for ne ...he can be controlling i feel trapped stuck here in this house....i cant work money might be tight for going back to school blah blah blah ...f**k.
Meh, I understand your position but she already has the child. Maybe try offering some constructive advice instead of acting like a bitch?
You mean like you? Whats with everyone attacking and calling people names today?

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:02 pm The people who did things the right way and have the pleasure of paying for those who didn't.
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:16 pm There's no point. She can't make it without him. She's stuck and it's her own fault. Zero sympathy.

What she'll probably do is leave him eventually and get on welfare, so people like me can pay for her fuckups.

Exactly who are people like you?

I didn’t have my first child until I was 32, had an established career, a doctorate, and complete financially stability. I would much prefer my tax dollars to go to educating this young woman and helping her improve her situation than having the FBI investigate what prep school kids were doing in the 1980s. So please realize you’re only speaking for yourself here.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

If he isn't giving you full access to the checkbook, you need to figure out a way to make your own money doing something from home, and save up enough to leave him. Holding money back and controlling money is a form of abuse. What are you supposed to do if you have to take one of the kids or you to the er?

Unread post

By continuing to go be fuckups money, you're enabling them. People don't even thing before having kids they can't afford these days, as they know Joe Taxpayer will bail them out should they want him to.
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:59 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:02 pm The people who did things the right way and have the pleasure of paying for those who didn't.
I didn’t have my first child until I was 32, had an established career, a doctorate, and complete financially stability. I would much prefer my tax dollars to go to educating this young woman and helping her improve her situation than having the FBI investigate what prep school kids were doing in the 1980s. So please realize you’re only speaking for yourself here.

Unread post

give, not go be
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:38 pm By continuing to go be fuckups money, you're enabling them. People don't even thing before having kids they can't afford these days, as they know Joe Taxpayer will bail them out should they want him to.
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:59 pm

mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We create our budget and allowances together. Each month, we go over all of our bills, savings, investments, etc. We re-visit our accounts on a weekly basis.

Unread post

I didn't have a support system. My dad died when i was 19. My mom i wouldn't leave my dd alone with her due to her dh and I still made it.and that isnt the odds. I know plenty of people who started out just like her and now in their late 30's doing great. My bff had 4 kids by 21. She struggled but now make 6 figures .

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:00 pm You're assuming she has the support system you did. Most teens who get pregnant, especially as young as she did, don't.

And yes, the odds are astronomically against her. Do you not understand how odds work?
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:17 pm Not necessarily. She can leave hom. Maybe move back in with her parents while she continues her education. With the right support system it is very possible. I did it . I left , worked got with my current dh and then went back to school. Even if she does get on welfare for a while it is better than living in her current situation.

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:42 pm The odds are astronomically against her.

Locked Previous topicNext topic