SM is lazy so DD cant go to the school dance

Unread post

SM drove DD to school yesterday after the bell had already rang. The rule is that if you are late a parent/adult must sign you in or it counts as an absence and you have a detention for "ditching" or being tardy

If you have a detention you cant participate in any school activities that week. If you have more than 3 in a semester you cant participate in any other events.

DD has never had a detention before. When she got to school late she told SM that she needed to sign her in but SM said no. She said she didnt want to run inside the school and DD needed to figure it out "like a big girl". She had no reason not to except she didnt want to (this is what my ex told me)

DD went in to try to talk to the people in the office about it and they told her unless SM came in to sign her in she was going to have to go to detention. My ex even tried to call them and tell them what happened but they were saying that the person who drove her needed to come in and sign her in not a parent over the phone.

My ex ended up getting a hold of the principal who pretty much said DD is SOL. That he understands what happened and understands that DD feels that it is unfair but the rules are rules and if he breaks them for her he will have to break them for everyone

So now DD is missing out on her first high school dance because SM was too lazy to get her fat ass out of the car and walk into the office. She doesnt see the big deal because it is just a dance and no one likes going to those anyway. Well DD does and she was excited.

I have never really had a problem with SM until now but it is going to be hard for me to even pretend to like her after this.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'd be so mad. At that age I'd have tried to forge her name, lol. But they wouldn't have noticed at my school. I pulled shit like that all the time. I'd try to show up to the dance anyway. I mean, there is usually more than one entrance. Maybe a friend can sneak her in the back, lol. She shouldn't be punished because SM is a lazy bitch. Absolutely ridiculous. She'd get the stink eye from me and maybe a speech about being a lazy pos. Not that she'd care but whatever.

Unread post

Holding the child responsible for that is ridiculous and I would be calling everyone higher up than the principal. I don't do it often, but if I feel strongly enough about something, I'll bitch ass make waves and make people miserable until something is done about it.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

And here I thought that step mom were more responsible than bm.
I shit glitter
RedBottoms

Unread post

I am team principal on him not giving an exception. She should have gotten out of the car and signed her in.

Somewhat related I had an odd experience yesterday at my son's middle school or well Monday. He had an orthodontist appt so he was about 2 hours tardy to get to school. I had his medical note from the doctor and was taking him in to sign him in late. The secretary got kinda pissy with me and was like "You have to bring your ID if you are going to go down to the attendance office with him" and I was like "huh?" Because I thought parents had to come in and sign the kids in if they are that late. But apparently they want the kids to do it themselves or something.

I came in anyway because he probably had no idea where to go since this was his first time coming in late. It was weird though

It sucks for your DD and I am sorry. Maybe if she yells at her Dad and punishes him enough he will take it up with his lazy wife

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:44 am Holding the child responsible for that is ridiculous and I would be calling everyone higher up than the principal. I don't do it often, but if I feel strongly enough about something, I'll bitch ass make waves and make people miserable until something is done about it.
The policy is district wide so there isnt much we can do about it. If it was just the principal's personal rule we might have a chance

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:49 am I am team principal on him not giving an exception. She should have gotten out of the car and signed her in.

Somewhat related I had an odd experience yesterday at my son's middle school or well Monday. He had an orthodontist appt so he was about 2 hours tardy to get to school. I had his medical note from the doctor and was taking him in to sign him in late. The secretary got kinda pissy with me and was like "You have to bring your ID if you are going to go down to the attendance office with him" and I was like "huh?" Because I thought parents had to come in and sign the kids in if they are that late. But apparently they want the kids to do it themselves or something.

I came in anyway because he probably had no idea where to go since this was his first time coming in late. It was weird though

It sucks for your DD and I am sorry. Maybe if she yells at her Dad and punishes him enough he will take it up with his lazy wife
My ex is pissed at SM so he has already taken it up with her but at this point nothing can be done about it

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:49 am
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:44 am Holding the child responsible for that is ridiculous and I would be calling everyone higher up than the principal. I don't do it often, but if I feel strongly enough about something, I'll bitch ass make waves and make people miserable until something is done about it.
The policy is district wide so there isnt much we can do about it. If it was just the principal's personal rule we might have a chance
Wouldn't matter to me. I'd have everyone all the way up justifying the rule to me and I'd probably take it to social media and call them out for holding children responsible for the actions or inactions of adults. It wouldn't end here with me; that's for sure.
DDPickles86
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I dont believe this.

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:54 am
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:49 am
Wouldn't matter to me. I'd have everyone all the way up justifying the rule to me and I'd probably take it to social media and call them out for holding children responsible for the actions or inactions of adults. It wouldn't end here with me; that's for sure.
The district never budges from their rules and I think it would be far more embarrassing in DDs opinion to go that route. If I thought a call in to the district office would do anything I would try but I know it wont.
Locked Previous topicNext topic