SM is lazy so DD cant go to the school dance

hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:02 am
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:48 am
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:46 am Whose fault was it for being late? I wouldn't excuse my kids if they were messing around in the morning and ended up making themselves late for school, especially in high school.

If it was somehow SM's fault they were late, or it was due to something out of their control like car trouble, then she should have signed her in.
There was traffic from a car accident so it wasnt DDs fault or SMs fault they were late.
actually that is still their fault. Always leave with enough wiggle room to account for traffic
I always leave about 5 mins before I’m suppose to get my son to school. But one day we were in a stand still for 30 mins because of a six car crash that took all the lanes. So my son was late to school. Luckily it’s half day kindergarten and they don’t really care. I just had to walk him in instead of doing car pool.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Whose fault is it that she was late in the first place?
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I agree..
However, Monday morning at 3:30 am a truck carrying a bunch of cows ( 100 or so) overturned on the ramp of 285/ 75 here in Cobb County. Traffic was standstill until almost 2 pm. There was still one cow loose at 6 pm. Some cows were killed and the police were trying to catch them in the dark. There was no accounting for that one as they did not allow traffic to move an inch for hours. It took them until almost 2 pm to actually get the tractor trailer upright so lanes were blocked by a semi and cows that were loose or dead. It was a mess from what they kept showing on tv.

RedBottoms wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:02 am
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:48 am
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:46 am Whose fault was it for being late? I wouldn't excuse my kids if they were messing around in the morning and ended up making themselves late for school, especially in high school.

If it was somehow SM's fault they were late, or it was due to something out of their control like car trouble, then she should have signed her in.
There was traffic from a car accident so it wasnt DDs fault or SMs fault they were late.
actually that is still their fault. Always leave with enough wiggle room to account for traffic
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

DDPickles86 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:01 am I dont believe this.
Neither do I.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

a high school expects the parents to come in and sign a 14 year old in or they're considered absent? I'm at work when my highschooler leaves for school as are a lot of parents in the real world. If this rule is true (which I'm highly doubting since my 10 year old is able to sign herself in at the office of her school if she's less than 20 minutes late) your school district needs to be called to task over the fact that many 14 year olds don't have a parent available to physically sign them in late...because most parents of 14 year olds are trying to teach their kids to be adults and handle this shit on their own. It honestly looks like the only adult in this equation wanting your daughter to act like the young adult she is is her SM.

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:38 pm a high school expects the parents to come in and sign a 14 year old in or they're considered absent? I'm at work when my highschooler leaves for school as are a lot of parents in the real world. If this rule is true (which I'm highly doubting since my 10 year old is able to sign herself in at the office of her school if she's less than 20 minutes late) your school district needs to be called to task over the fact that many 14 year olds don't have a parent available to physically sign them in late...because most parents of 14 year olds are trying to teach their kids to be adults and handle this shit on their own. It honestly looks like the only adult in this equation wanting your daughter to act like the young adult she is is her SM.
A parent having to sign a student is normal everywhere I have ever lived which is a lot of places.

I am not sure how SM being too lazy to get out of the car is teaching DD something.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:57 pm
PoplarGrove wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:38 pm a high school expects the parents to come in and sign a 14 year old in or they're considered absent? I'm at work when my highschooler leaves for school as are a lot of parents in the real world. If this rule is true (which I'm highly doubting since my 10 year old is able to sign herself in at the office of her school if she's less than 20 minutes late) your school district needs to be called to task over the fact that many 14 year olds don't have a parent available to physically sign them in late...because most parents of 14 year olds are trying to teach their kids to be adults and handle this shit on their own. It honestly looks like the only adult in this equation wanting your daughter to act like the young adult she is is her SM.
A parent having to sign a student is normal everywhere I have ever lived which is a lot of places.

I am not sure how SM being too lazy to get out of the car is teaching DD something.
So what does a parent working 40 minutes from the school do if they're kid is 2 minutes late for school in these places you've lived? Leave work and drive into the school to sign the kid in?

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:12 pm

So what does a parent working 40 minutes from the school do if they're kid is 2 minutes late for school in these places you've lived? Leave work and drive into the school to sign the kid in?
No one living 40 minutes away from the school would be going to the school.

If a kid is late they are either signed in or given a detention
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:14 pm

ya...no one LIVING 40 minutes from the school would be going to it. But some of us who live in the real world work more that 10 minutes from our house and our kids school. I have a 40 mintue commute to work every morning. Your school district seems to have a rule that punishes the children of single and working parents. The lesson for you dd here is that in the real world people aren't going to bend over backwards to make your life nice and comfy. If your dd thinks this rule is bullshit then she can either sit in her room and cry her little eyes out and be mad at the big bad step mom or she can fight the school district and show how this rule is discriminatory. Not YOU or YOUR EX but HER. It's her that's getting screwed by this rule.

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:23 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:14 pm

ya...no one LIVING 40 minutes from the school would be going to it. But some of us who live in the real world work more that 10 minutes from our house and our kids school. I have a 40 mintue commute to work every morning. Your school district seems to have a rule that punishes the children of single and working parents. The lesson for you dd here is that in the real world people aren't going to bend over backwards to make your life nice and comfy. If your dd thinks this rule is bullshit then she can either sit in her room and cry her little eyes out and be mad at the big bad step mom or she can fight the school district and show how this rule is discriminatory. Not YOU or YOUR EX but HER. It's her that's getting screwed by this rule.
I am sorry I did misread what you said.

I used to volunteer in the office and most kids are not late for school. It isnt a huge problem

How is SM running into the school bending over backwards? She is mad at SM and that is 100% okay but she will move on. SM offered to take her to work that should have involve signing her in after a situation that made them late that was out of their control
Locked Previous topicNext topic