Burning when peeing?

Unread post

My 9 year old told me tonight that it burns when she pees, she hasn't mentioned before tonight. She said it just started today after school.

How do I take care if this, Do I just wait until morning to see if it still burns and take her to the doctor? or should I do something (Don't know what) for her tonight? or just give it time and see if it goes away?

I honestly have never had to deal with this with my kids or myself before ( I have been lucky in that aspect)
Murrisa

Unread post

I would call her pediatrician first thing in the am. Sounds like a nasty UTI. Poor kid. Cranberry juice or supplements are your friend.
anon

Unread post

My daughter had this happen because she wasn't wiping good enough after she went to the bathroom, I had her take a shower and then I made sure she wiped good and that seemed to help and now she wipes good.

Unread post

Murrisa wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:18 pm I would call her pediatrician first thing in the am. Sounds like a nasty UTI. Poor kid. Cranberry juice or supplements are your friend.
Cranberry juice doesnt fix a UTI, it can help prevent it but it wont fix it if there is already a problem

OP make sure she is drinking a lot of fluids and call the doctor.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lots of water and cranberry supplements. Juice doesnt really do anything for you.

See the doc in the morning. Or call the teladoc if you have that.
deltathree
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Murrisa wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:18 pm I would call her pediatrician first thing in the am. Sounds like a nasty UTI. Poor kid. Cranberry juice or supplements are your friend.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

lots of water. Make sure she has wiped well. My dd gets a burning feeling if she takes a bath in colored bubble bath.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Utis can be very painful. I use to get them a lot. It felt like I was being stabbed by a white hot ice pick in the urethra when I peed. It was horrible. Take her to the doctor tomorrow. Bladder infections can turn into kidney infections. If she's in excruciating pain, take her to the ER tonight.

Unread post

my DD says this every once in awhile and i have her drink lemon oil water (i get my lemon oil from doterra but i'm sure there are other places as well). or cranberry juice. both of those always help me. since i started taking probiotics daily, i get less annoying things "down there" as well.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Call the dr tomorrow. Up her water a lot.
Locked Previous topicNext topic