Lending family money

Unread post

Would you lend someone upwards of $10,000.00 if they were terminally ill. Family or friend. They promised to pay you back but you realize that is likely not going to happen due to their health.
Anon

Unread post

If I couldnt afford to just give them the money, then No.
Lending or loaning money to family or friends is the best way to lose the friendship or permanently alienate the family member
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I don’t have an extra 10K lying around to just give away, so No.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Never loan money you can’t afford to lose.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”

Unread post

No. I would never want them to have that added stress of owing me. I would give it to them.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

no. I don't do any sort of business with family. It never works out well in my family.

Unread post

No I would not lend it. I would give them any money they needed.

Unread post

My mother just loaned us $36,000 for a house and put the house under her name until she's paid back, now I hate her. She is evil lying snake and is now trying to keep the house for herself after we put $6000 into it.

Just say no.

Unread post

Guest wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:57 pm My mother just loaned us $36,000 for a house and put the house under her name until she's paid back, now I hate her. She is evil lying snake and is now trying to keep the house for herself after we put $6000 into it.

Just say no.
It depends on your relationship with your family. My in laws loaned us $10k when we got married and the only problem we had was that they kept taking ridiculous amounts off what we owed them for every holiday. Lol
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I would not lend that amount of money. If anything, it would be a gift. If someone is in need of that kind of money, their situation isn't likely to turn around soon enough to pay it back quickly. That just adds stress and strain to the relationship. I vowed a long time ago to never let money ruin my relationships with people.
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
Locked Previous topicNext topic