ExFIL had a stroke in jail and it is all my fault!

Unread post

At least according to my ex's family.

I am sure many of you will remember my posts on cafemom. My ex husband died in a car crash. The kids and I decided to move from where we were living closer to my family because it was better for us overall. There were better schools, better jobs, and the kids wanted a fresh start. My ex's parents, who were not ever close with the kids before that point, got upset that we were 'moving away from them' and got upset.

xMIL started threatening the kids and I. We told her we were moving anyway and her and FIL took us tto court for grandparent rights. We made it clear to them if they actually did that they would be cut out of our lives for good. We went to court and they lost.

Things only got worse. They would randomly show up and harass the kids or me. We got a restraining order and a no contact order. They broke it several times. MIL was arrested for it once before and spent some actual time in jail. FIL was recently arrested for breaking the restraining order. When he was arrested he resisted arrest. He got something like 45 days in jail.

I found out from my ex's family friends that he had a stroke. They werent sure if he would make it or not and he was in the hospital fighting for my life. The family still somehow finds a reason to blame me. It doesnt matter that HE was the one who broke the law over and over. I had nothing to do with him resisting arrest. I guess MIL was going around saying that at least if one of them dies the other will see the kids at the funeral.

Jokes on her though because my kids wouldnt want to go to the funeral anyway. My ex inlaws have killed any chance of ever having a relationship. My kids do not like them at all. They want nothing to do with them. All of this is "My fault" of course. I do feel pretty cool being able to give people strokes though *sarcasm* lol
RedBottoms

Unread post

I remember you. Why are you still having contact with any of them to even hear about this shit?! That is the part that bothers me. I think you have made all the right moves as far as getting away from them and getting the no contact order and calling the police on them etc.

However, how did they find out your new address? Someone is a mole and is feeding them info about you. You need to cut off ALLLLLLL of them so you A-never hear about their drama and B-they stop feeding info about you to them to harass you.

Block them all on social media. Shut down all social media with super tight privacy settings or get rid of it all together. Change your phone number and don't give out the new one. And be done with it.

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:51 am I remember you. Why are you still having contact with any of them to even hear about this shit?! That is the part that bothers me. I think you have made all the right moves as far as getting away from them and getting the no contact order and calling the police on them etc.

However, how did they find out your new address? Someone is a mole and is feeding them info about you. You need to cut off ALLLLLLL of them so you A-never hear about their drama and B-they stop feeding info about you to them to harass you.

Block them all on social media. Shut down all social media with super tight privacy settings or get rid of it all together. Change your phone number and don't give out the new one. And be done with it.
I havent had contact with them. Friends have showed me what has been posted online and stuff about us. They have given us heads up many times to avoid drama and get ready to call the police.

I am still not 100% sure how the found us originally. My guess is some sort of public record thing.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:55 am
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:51 am I remember you. Why are you still having contact with any of them to even hear about this shit?! That is the part that bothers me. I think you have made all the right moves as far as getting away from them and getting the no contact order and calling the police on them etc.

I havent had contact with them. Friends have showed me what has been posted online and stuff about us. They have given us heads up many times to avoid drama and get ready to call the police.

I am still not 100% sure how the found us originally. My guess is some sort of public record thing.
Stop having friends show you. Have your friends block them too. They might be using your friends to get info about you.

When you moved you should have gotten the new place under an LLC which means it won't show your name as being the owner but the LLC name and you can make up whatever you want for that. I heard about celebrities doing this so people can't stalk them to their house. Something to think about if you move again

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:58 am

Stop having friends show you. Have your friends block them too. They might be using your friends to get info about you.

When you moved you should have gotten the new place under an LLC which means it won't show your name as being the owner but the LLC name and you can make up whatever you want for that. I heard about celebrities doing this so people can't stalk them to their house. Something to think about if you move again
I prefer a heads up from them. Knowing what is going on doesnt bother me. It is good having a heads up
RedBottoms

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:00 am
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:58 am

I prefer a heads up from them. Knowing what is going on doesnt bother me. It is good having a heads up
I get ya.. I was on the fence about it too for awhile with my Dad whom I cut off. I was getting his emails into a folder and looking at them when I was ready to make sure I would know what he was up to. But over time I just straight blocked them completely.

Its better to literally put them out of your mind 100% and forget about them. Its not your concern what they are saying about you. You don't need to hear it.
Countess
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

No mater what they've done to you, it's never right to "joke" about someone's serious health issues. Not good karma...it has its way with catching up to you.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Countess wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:05 am No mater what they've done to you, it's never right to "joke" about someone's serious health issues. Not good karma...it has its way with catching up to you.
I disagree. If someone is a monster-they deserve what they get and I will happily laugh at them. That is their karma catching up with them.

Unread post

Countess wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:05 am No mater what they've done to you, it's never right to "joke" about someone's serious health issues. Not good karma...it has its way with catching up to you.
It is a joke if she thinks my kids would ever go to their funerals.
WickedLauraBelle
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I agree you must have some sort of mole in your life.
We’re all stories in the end. Make it a good one.
Locked Previous topicNext topic