I made my dd pay for my old phone

Unread post

Well not really. I didn't make her.
Dh and i upgrades our phone. Our kids wanted our old ones. My son got my dh. My dd asked for mine. I told her that if she can prove to me she will keep her room clean and do her chores then i will but not until then. She didn't like the phone her boyfriend gave her so she called me ( she wasn't at home) and asked if he could buy my old phone for $100. I said sure. If he wants too. So he bought it and gave it to her. I told her she could have gotten it for free if she could have waited and showed me she would do what she is supposed to do.

The reason why her boyfriend bought her a phone to begin with was because he broke her. And she also isn't a minor. Our old phones were s7 edges.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No problem with that imo. I've bought my own phones and paid my own bill since I was 16. Granted phones were a lot cheaper back in '02, lol. I'd also rather just buy it than do chores, lol.

Unread post

famousglm714 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:03 pm No problem with that imo. I've bought my own phones and paid my own bill since I was 16. Granted phones were a lot cheaper back in '02, lol. I'd also rather just buy it than do chores, lol.
I miss the days when cell phones were super cheap but in those days they didn't do all that they do now.

Unread post

Bump
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Hahah. Looks like she is a shrewd negotiator. She got her phone for free, got her boyfriend to replace the one he broke and didn't have to do any manual labor to 'prove herself'.
Locked Previous topicNext topic