FFS - Don’t have children you can’t afford!!!

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree. I abstained from S*x but was still on BC when my son was younger. We had what we needed but not a lot. This baby we planned but even then we waited till we'd been together a few years to get more financially comfortable than we were at first.
anonforever
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Guest wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:44 pm
AsteroidStar wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:36 pm Sooo. If someone's spouse dies and they are struggling financially, they should put their kids up for adoption? If someone loses their job, their kids should go into foster care? Shit happens. People struggle for a little while sometimes. Sometimes people need help. Get over it.
Ok, so in your scenario they have no insurance, savings, job skills, or family. Yes, that’s a parenting fail.
How is not having a family to rely on a parenting fail? I get your point but not sure why you added in family in there. Lots of people don't have family and do just fine and raise healthy contributing members of society.
Sportsmom
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

LMAO
Living my perfect life 💕
RedBottoms

Unread post

anonforever wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:04 am
Guest wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:44 pm
AsteroidStar wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:36 pm Sooo. If someone's spouse dies and they are struggling financially, they should put their kids up for adoption? If someone loses their job, their kids should go into foster care? Shit happens. People struggle for a little while sometimes. Sometimes people need help. Get over it.
Ok, so in your scenario they have no insurance, savings, job skills, or family. Yes, that’s a parenting fail.
How is not having a family to rely on a parenting fail? I get your point but not sure why you added in family in there. Lots of people don't have family and do just fine and raise healthy contributing members of society.
agreed. Having family is not necessary but it is something that can help as a support system. Like if you have some money trouble if you have family that will help out-that can make a huge difference. But friends and neighbors work just as well and if you are rich enough you don't even need anyone else
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Recycled.
I shit glitter
SunshineDaydream
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:47 pm
SunshineDaydream wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:40 pm Should I have gotten an abortion then?
I don’t know your story, but can appreciate not wanting to abort a child. That doesn’t mean you can abdicate responsibility for that child and not make sure you can provide for him or her.
No, you're right. And I've taken full responsibility for all of my children and have always provided as much as I can but for a long time we were pretty poor and we still don't have much in the way of savings for anything so many people would still say I "can't afford" my kids even though all of their needs and most of their wants are covered.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

People that say this sort of thing must really forget shit like the housing market crash happens. Yes if you can't afford more kids don't have them. But shit can happen at any time in your life.

Unread post

That's not really what she said. She basically said don't make a shitty situation worse by having more kids when you can't afford to, not anything about once they're already here.

Reading. Try it.

Unread post

SunshineDaydream wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:40 pm Should I have gotten an abortion then?
Probably, yes.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The ignorance is yours. People's situations can and do change.
Locked Previous topicNext topic