Does your family have one?

hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We don't but I've heard of this being done.
sarah824 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:52 pm A family "code word" that is? A word that your kids know in case someone tries to kidnap them?

There was a story on the local news last night about a boy who was leaving his elementary school and was approached by an unknown man. The man told the boy that his dad told him to pick him up. The boy asked for the password and when they man didn't know what it was the boy ran back to school and told school officials who contacted police. They did not find the man, but it definitely kept the boy from being kidnapped.

We do not, and never have, had such a system in place and now that our kids are older and have cell phones we would simply text or call the kids and let them know that someone is picking them up. But it made me wonder if others have this kind of system in place.
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No
CafemomAnon
Countess
Countess

Unread post

No one ever picked up my kids except for me.
Aislinn
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:26 pm No I've always told the kids if someone else is to pick you up 1. it would be someone you know and 2. I'd call the school and let them know someone else is coming for you.
This. I have told him nobody would ever pick him up that he didn't know. The only variation would be a uniformed officer.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No, my boys know never to go anywhere with someone they don’t know. No password required. They’ll automatically cry stranger and notify someone. And their school doesn’t let them leave unless I send a permit authorizing them to leave with someone else or to a friend’s house.
And seriously... in this day and age is it that hard to teach your kids to contact you if they have doubts? And in this day and age, are you really that unreachable? 🙄
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 670

Unread post

No, never did. It was never an issue. I was always the one who picked the kid up. We were required to sign in and pick our kid up. That scenario would have never happened. We never lived close enough to school for her to walk home. I was her school bus.
Locked Previous topicNext topic