My unhealthy levels of not wanting to leave the house.

HateGoingOut

Unread post

We’ve moved to a lower socioeconomic area for work. I know, ironic. We’re trying to get out of here as fast as we can but it takes time. When we looked at this area, it looked ok on paper. People we knew who lived here previously said it was a nice place to live. People we’ve met from out of town have been told the same. We’re all hanging in there together from all sorts of different places wondering why they thought it was nice lol

The vast majority of the people are ignorant and really, really rude. These people have no desire to improve. Welfare is pretty rampant. They’re raising kids to be the same way. There is a little violence and the overall crime rates are moderately high. We don’t utilize school transportation unless we absolutely have to. I have seen some shit, my God I have seen some crazy shit.

I probably sound like a stuck up twat but we’re far from that. We’re just working class people trying to live without significant dysfunction lol

I’ve gotten to the point that I don’t care to leave the house if it involves staying in this area. I don’t want to go to the stores, out to eat, go to the parks. I don’t enjoy going to my daughters school anymore.

Now, I don’t have issues going to the neighboring towns. It’s weird. It’s like a 25 minute drive and the people are way different.

So, DH has been taken care of everything local. I do the absolute minimum that I can politely get away with 😔 Unless we go out of town.
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Careful. It's a slippery slope to agoraphobia. Be safe, but don't hide.
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Unread post

Thank you for the kind words. I’m a little worried about the feedback because I’m trying not to sound like a huge bitch. I hate feeling unhealthy about doing things around town but I’m tired of the garbage every time we go out here. Idk if you would believe it if I told you lol
AsteroidStar wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:36 am Careful. It's a slippery slope to agoraphobia. Be safe, but don't hide.
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Guest wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:42 am Thank you for the kind words. I’m a little worried about the feedback because I’m trying not to sound like a huge bitch. I hate feeling unhealthy about doing things around town but I’m tired of the garbage every time we go out here. Idk if you would believe it if I told you lol
AsteroidStar wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:36 am Careful. It's a slippery slope to agoraphobia. Be safe, but don't hide.
I get it. I have been in a situation like the one that you describe. Oddly, the way to change that is actually to get out and do things. If more people WITHOUT ill intent were out and about, instead of hiding in their homes or doing things only outside of their neighborhoods, the neighborhoods would become much more liveable. Start by going with your husband. Try to get to know the neighbors on either side of you, if possible. Even in a less than desirable neighborhood, there are bound to be more good people than just you and your husband.
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
Anon

Unread post

Not to.sound snobby or bitchy BUT why did you move into such a bad area without seeing it first hand? I would have gone to the area numerous times during the daytime and evenings, different days of the week and on weekends.
Im very very particular about the neighborhoods that we live in. Ive never lived in an area where we would have to "drop and roll" everytime we heard a popping noise outside.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I live in Toledo and while my particular neighborhood is decent I don't leave by myself either. I don't want to deal with people and whenever I am by myself I get catcalled or approached by creepy men. No thanks.

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:01 am I live in Toledo and while my particular neighborhood is decent I don't leave by myself either. I don't want to deal with people and whenever I am by myself I get catcalled or approached by creepy men. No thanks.

Are you mentally ill?

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:01 am I live in Toledo and while my particular neighborhood is decent I don't leave by myself either. I don't want to deal with people and whenever I am by myself I get catcalled or approached by creepy men. No thanks.
You're a plain Jane. It's got to be the way you carry yourself. Dont make eye contact.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:36 am
You're a plain Jane. It's got to be the way you carry yourself. Dont make eye contact.

Honestly you could look like a troll and it wouldn't matter to some people. It's not even about them actually thinking you're attractive. They do it to impress their douchey friends or because they are looking for an easy lay. I certainly don't make eye contact with cars passing me and still get hollered at from people hanging out their windows.

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:42 am
Guest wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:36 am

Honestly you could look like a troll and it wouldn't matter to some people. It's not even about them actually thinking you're attractive. They do it to impress their douchey friends or because they are looking for an easy lay. I certainly don't make eye contact with cars passing me and still get hollered at from people hanging out their windows.
Yuck cover up your nasty cleavage.
Locked Previous topicNext topic