76%
No
24%

Total votes: 90
deltathree
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:02 am Absolutely. I feel like a lot of *anon* and *guest* posts are the same people in one thread pretending to be different.
Crumpy
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I have never used the guest option but I may use Anon. Even if I don't, I'm 100% for it.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I honestly don’t care one way or the other
Chilebean
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:36 am Before I start the process of getting an anon button I want to make sure that people still want it. If we have the anon option then the guest option will be gone and everyone will need an account.

I found someone who will make it exactly how we want it. Numbered anons so we can tell who is who, the checkbox, and no screennames showing anywhere including notifications. You will be completely anonymous except to me and the mods.

This extension will cost money. If you would like to donate towards the site then you can on the index page of the milk and cherry light themes (don’t use the H2O theme).

If you donate money then you will also have all ads turned off but make sure you leave your screen name on the donate screen so I know who I need to disable ads for.

Eta: Just so we’re all clear, we are either going to have the anon feature or keep the guest feature. With the anon button everyone will need an account just like the old cm days. Either way there will be a way to post anonymously, we actually have a large number of people who only post as guest right now so I’m not getting rid of an anonymous way to post.

If this changes your mind, you are able to change your vote.
and later monkeys will fly out of my butt
Nah

Unread post

Call me paranoid, but I don’t like that the mods will know who the anonymous posters are given the mods are friends with many users and if I need to talk about something extremely private as anon, I wouldn’t want thes mods knowing who I am. The confidentiality would be lacking for sure. Maybe we could just make throw away accounts for sensitive posts, but they would still probably track our IP addresses.
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nah wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:17 am Call me paranoid, but I don’t like that the mods will know who the anonymous posters are given the mods are friends with many users and if I need to talk about something extremely private as anon, I wouldn’t want thes mods knowing who I am. The confidentiality would be lacking for sure. Maybe we could just make throw away accounts for sensitive posts, but they would still probably track our IP addresses.
They can see your IP address even as a guest.

The owner of the board has made it clear that they value privacy and unless needed they don’t look up ip addresses. As in needed to ban someone.

Keep in mind the same situation happened on cafemom, the mods knew who the anon posters were and the mods were friends with several posters and there were rumors they were told who was posting anon.
DeleteAccount
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:45 pm
MountainMomma3 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:34 pm I voted yes simply because of the numbered anon feature. If there are going to be anons who post it would be easier to tell them apart, and I also like that they have to have an account to post.
You always post the best stuff, lol!
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t have any friends from cm and I don’t have any on here so you don’t have to worry about me. I’m also too lazy to keep track of ip addresses and look people up. Privacy has always been number 1 here. Nobody here will be keeping a list of ip addresses, it’s not helpful anyway because most ip addresses change.

The mods are NOT allowed to take anything off of our mod chat. If I find out that the mods are sharing information about members with other members they will be off the mod team and banned from the site. I take that seriously. We have a list of rules and that is number 1 as far as I’m concerned.
Nah wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:17 am Call me paranoid, but I don’t like that the mods will know who the anonymous posters are given the mods are friends with many users and if I need to talk about something extremely private as anon, I wouldn’t want thes mods knowing who I am. The confidentiality would be lacking for sure. Maybe we could just make throw away accounts for sensitive posts, but they would still probably track our IP addresses.
🤓The Admin 🤓
RedBottoms

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:54 pm No. I think it was obvious in MC that anonimity is more often abused than used.
But if the option is available, I do think that there should be stricter rules for posting anonymous and any calling out or personal attack done under anonymous should be grounds to lose it. I hate cowardly anons.
And first and foremost, I think the “guest” option has gotta go. I could tolerate anon posters as long as they have to have an account to post so the mods can keep them in line.
I like this! If we have the anon button it should be like babycenter where if you abuse it-you lose it. I like that
Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I won't be using it unless for trolls but I'd love the anon button back :D
Locked Previous topicNext topic