Would it bother you if?

Annoyed

Unread post

SunshineDaydream wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:56 pm
Annoyed wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:51 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:57 am How did you find out he's texting with her? And why didn't you know before you married him?

This is a friend of his. Why can't he text with her? Do you not have male friends?
I did know before we were married, I found out when she text him one night saying that her son's lizard had escaped from his cage and what was the best way to catch him since he was running wild all over her house. (he has a ton of reptiles for pets, so she thought he might have an idea how to catch it)

I asked who she was and he told me. Said she was like an older sister to him. I guess she also helped him get his new job, because she knew the hiring manager there and put in a good word for him.

I kind of let it go, but he continues to talk to her, I thought when we married he would just stop.

And no I don't have male friends that I talk to all the time.
Seriously? You assumed he would just drop a good friend that's "like a sister to him" as soon as he said "I Do" without even talking to him about it?

You said you've never met her. Was she at your wedding?
No we had a very small wedding in his mom's back yard. Only 10 people there including us. Immediate family only.

I just don't see why he needs to talk to her all the time.
SunshineDaydream
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Annoyed wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:50 pm
SunshineDaydream wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:56 pm
Annoyed wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:51 am

I did know before we were married, I found out when she text him one night saying that her son's lizard had escaped from his cage and what was the best way to catch him since he was running wild all over her house. (he has a ton of reptiles for pets, so she thought he might have an idea how to catch it)

I asked who she was and he told me. Said she was like an older sister to him. I guess she also helped him get his new job, because she knew the hiring manager there and put in a good word for him.

I kind of let it go, but he continues to talk to her, I thought when we married he would just stop.

And no I don't have male friends that I talk to all the time.
Seriously? You assumed he would just drop a good friend that's "like a sister to him" as soon as he said "I Do" without even talking to him about it?

You said you've never met her. Was she at your wedding?
No we had a very small wedding in his mom's back yard. Only 10 people there including us. Immediate family only.

I just don't see why he needs to talk to her all the time.
3-4 times a week is not all the time. That's like, a normal friendship.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I guess it would depend on the level of their relationship and if I trusted my husband. My husband still keeps in touch with a few women he worked with at his old job in the state we moved away from. It doesn’t bother me at all.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Maybe it would help if he introduced you to her. Get to know her. Get a feel on what kind of person she is. Invite her to dinner or something
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Oh hell no! f**k ALL THAT
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:03 pm Maybe it would help if he introduced you to her. Get to know her. Get a feel on what kind of person she is. Invite her to dinner or something
She doesn't want to cook for her you dumbass!
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:58 pm I guess it would depend on the level of their relationship and if I trusted my husband. My husband still keeps in touch with a few women he worked with at his old job in the state we moved away from. It doesn’t bother me at all.
They must be really F***ing ugly 🤣
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Victoriousmom wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:21 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:58 pm I guess it would depend on the level of their relationship and if I trusted my husband. My husband still keeps in touch with a few women he worked with at his old job in the state we moved away from. It doesn’t bother me at all.
They must be really F***ing ugly 🤣
Not as ugly as your drunk ass.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Victoriousmom wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:20 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:03 pm Maybe it would help if he introduced you to her. Get to know her. Get a feel on what kind of person she is. Invite her to dinner or something
She doesn't want to cook for her you dumbass!
She doesn’t have to cook you moron, they can go out to eat.
queenofmycastle
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Spookly wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:32 pm I would be bothered but then again I'm a jealous raging bitch with insecurities the size of Europe.
Same here. Surprisingly though, I have male friends that I see and or talk to regularly. DH's hs BFF is now also my BFF, but we call each other brother and sister, he lives in another state now so we don't see each other very often but we talk at least monthly and when the call is ended we tell each other we love them. I have no female friends at all that I see or talk to on a regular basis. DH has no female friends at all. His choice for many reasons but my feelings on the subject played a part in it too. Mostly it's bc in the past having female friends never really turned out well. They would either have other reasonings for being his "friend" or his gf's would suddenly start assisting him of cheating so he'd end the friendships.

There was girl he was friends with when we got together. He said he had asked her out when they met and she told him no, he wasn't her type but she wanted to be friends if he was cool with that. They'd been friends for 2 yrs and had no issues with either of them wanting anything more than that. Until we got together, then one day while he was in the shower his text notification went off and when I went to take him the towel he forgot, he asked me to check it and trek him who and what. It was her telling him how she's always had feelings for him and how she's changed her mind on the friendship and wants to know if they could try having a relationship with just the two of them bc she knew he was just with me bc he was lonely. I told him what and who then told him where his towel was, then I went back into the living room and when he got out he called her and told her he couldn't be friends with her anymore before we even talked about it.

She messaged him recently on FB to find out if we were still together she still loves him etc. He told her that yes we were still together, married, had 2 kids and would be celebrating our 7 yr anniversary soon (it happens to be today actually 😍😍) and that he would block her if she messaged him again. He is happy with his life and loves his family and nothing would change that. His understating of my feelings and insecurities makes me feel bad sometimes bc I feel like I'm taking advantage of his understanding but he says there's no reason to feel bad. I freaking love him.

Oops sorry for rambling on. DH has been working a lot so I'm deprived of adult communication. Lol
Locked Previous topicNext topic