Would it bother you if?

That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Annoyed wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:57 pm
jas wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:45 pm They were friends before you were married, which means he's been having conversations with her since you were dating. You don't get to dictate his life. Just because you got married doesn't mean he needs to give up his friend because you're now all of a sudden uncomfortable.
If you had no issue with it before you were married, you don't have the right to complain now. Nothing has changed.
I wasn't happy about it when we were dating, but I thought once we were married she would be a thing of the past. I trust him, but I don't know her so I really don't trust her.
If it bothered you when you were dating, you should have said something then. It's a little late to bitch about it now.
Annoyed

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:57 am How did you find out he's texting with her? And why didn't you know before you married him?

This is a friend of his. Why can't he text with her? Do you not have male friends?
I did know before we were married, I found out when she text him one night saying that her son's lizard had escaped from his cage and what was the best way to catch him since he was running wild all over her house. (he has a ton of reptiles for pets, so she thought he might have an idea how to catch it)

I asked who she was and he told me. Said she was like an older sister to him. I guess she also helped him get his new job, because she knew the hiring manager there and put in a good word for him.

I kind of let it go, but he continues to talk to her, I thought when we married he would just stop.

And no I don't have male friends that I talk to all the time.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Annoyed wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:51 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:57 am How did you find out he's texting with her? And why didn't you know before you married him?

This is a friend of his. Why can't he text with her? Do you not have male friends?
I did know before we were married, I found out when she text him one night saying that her son's lizard had escaped from his cage and what was the best way to catch him since he was running wild all over her house. (he has a ton of reptiles for pets, so she thought he might have an idea how to catch it)

I asked who she was and he told me. Said she was like an older sister to him. I guess she also helped him get his new job, because she knew the hiring manager there and put in a good word for him.

I kind of let it go, but he continues to talk to her, I thought when we married he would just stop.

Is it because she is a woman that you have such an issue with him remaining friends with/texting her?

Sounds like they've had a great friendship so I don't understand your issue with that.

Unread post

If it was already bothering you before you got married, you should have said something then. It's unfair for you to suddenly expect him to give up his friend, especially if he's given you no reason the believe that there is anything inappropriate going on between them.
SunshineDaydream
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Lol no. I'm very secure in my relationship. He texts his boss, who he is very friendly with, multiple times a day some days. I have a male friend I text alot. Nobody's cheating.
SunshineDaydream
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Seriously? You assumed he would just drop a good friend that's "like a sister to him" as soon as he said "I Do" without even talking to him about it?

You said you've never met her. Was she at your wedding?
SunshineDaydream
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Annoyed wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:57 pm
jas wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:45 pm They were friends before you were married, which means he's been having conversations with her since you were dating. You don't get to dictate his life. Just because you got married doesn't mean he needs to give up his friend because you're now all of a sudden uncomfortable.
If you had no issue with it before you were married, you don't have the right to complain now. Nothing has changed.
I wasn't happy about it when we were dating, but I thought once we were married she would be a thing of the past. I trust him, but I don't know her so I really don't trust her.
You don't need to trust her.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So he's just supposed to figure he ahould dump a female friend because he married you? They were friends already. There would be no reason to stop a platonic friendship because one of them gets married.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't see the problem. I mean if she was texting him images in her underwear asking how she looked, then yeah shut that shit down. Have random conversations about random things? You're just being insecure. If you don't know her how can you deem her untrustworthy? Because they're talking? How is she supposed to have any idea that you're insecure and don't like it?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No but I have a platonic male friend I've known forever. So I'd be a hypocrite. As long as I'm included in this friendship and our marriage is good I'm fine with it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic