Pimples... Advice?

AnakinVader

Unread post

DD12 is suddenly breaking out all over her face. I make sure she washes her face, she got some of those strydex pads etc. But it's still bad.

They are not huge white heads, just little bumps all over her cheeks. She hates it.

Is there anything you/your teens use to help? I never really break out other than maybe one or 2 pimples around the time I get my period. I just pop them and move on with life, but I realize that is not exactly a good idea...
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

KaibAzula wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:03 pm DD12 is suddenly breaking out all over her face. I make sure she washes her face, she got some of those strydex pads etc. But it's still bad.

They are not huge white heads, just little bumps all over her cheeks. She hates it.

Is there anything you/your teens use to help? I never really break out other than maybe one or 2 pimples around the time I get my period. I just pop them and move on with life, but I realize that is not exactly a good idea...
Wash her face twice a day. Change pillowcases every other day.

Unread post

I pop my kids 🤷🏼‍♀️
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

At 35 I finally went to the derm because I'm still fighting this. I finally got something that works for me: benzoyl peroxide + clindamycin cream in the morning and adapalene in the evening. My face is clear for the first time since I was a teen.

I get prescription stuff but you can get benzoyl peroxide without the clindamycin and adapalene otc in a lower strength. I will say that the OTC benzoyl peroxide was never enough for me though. Nothing otc ever was enough.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My dd is turning 11 and is dealing with break outs. We have been using a Neutrogena regimen. She mostly uses the wash and the astringent. It helps quite a bit if she keeps up with it.

I just did get her some acne wash and lotion from Philosophy that we are going to try.
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Depending on cause those pads may make the breaking out worse. This is going to sound crazy but it worked for my dd so I thought I’d share. I haven’t had breakouts since my early teens and pretty much have followed the same routine. I start with either grape seed oil or avocado oil on a cotton pad. Then I wash with a gentle cleanser, I prefer organic baby soap, allow to air dry. I follow this with organic raw apple cider vinegar mixed with distilled water I usually do 1:3 ratio. Then moisturizer. I do this in the morning and at night, sometimes if I’m outdoors sweating a lot I do it in the middle of my day. It sounds like a lot of work but really only takes dd and I about 5 minutes. Dd hasn’t had a breakout since. And I haven’t had one in years.
Fairymom
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Both my boys have mild acne. It bothered them so we got a script for Retin A. They use it at night and a light moisturizing lotion in the morning plus sunscreen. Clears it right up but you have to be prepared as it gets slightly worse for a couple weeks then gets better. It was like $20 for a tube.
AnnOhn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:10 pm At 35 I finally went to the derm because I'm still fighting this. I finally got something that works for me: benzoyl peroxide + clindamycin cream in the morning and adapalene in the evening. My face is clear for the first time since I was a teen.

I get prescription stuff but you can get benzoyl peroxide without the clindamycin and adapalene otc in a lower strength. I will say that the OTC benzoyl peroxide was never enough for me though. Nothing otc ever was enough.
My 12 year old son is going to a dermatologist who has him use clindamycin. It makes a huge difference. I can tell when he doesn’t use it.

He also has him wash 2x day with Neutrogena Clean Pore. I’ve started using it too and my skin looks amazing. My pores are smaller.
Locked Previous topicNext topic