Learn how to parent BM and stop calling all the time

RedBottoms

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:42 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:37 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:35 pm It's called co-parenting. You shouldn't have married a man with kids.
not true. My BFF is co parenting with her ex and probably not once has she called him during her custody time telling him her son was acting up. She just deals with it herself. She actually gets annoyed when he calls her for stupid shit during his custody time he could have handled himself.
Yes it is co-parenting, even if your bff does it differently.
but its also not a requirement of coparenting to be 24/7 on call with your ex because your ex cannot handle things on their own.

Hell I am married to DH and if I was say out with my girlfriend for a little girls dinner and he called me up bitching about the kids doing something I would be pissed. I would tell him he is their father and he better figure it the f**k out on his own. I would only want him to contact me if the house was on fire, a kid got really badly hurt or it was something super important like he could not find their prescription medication or something. Figure it the f**k out

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:35 pm It's called co-parenting. You shouldn't have married a man with kids.
not true. My BFF is co parenting with her ex and probably not once has she called him during her custody time telling him her son was acting up. She just deals with it herself. She actually gets annoyed when he calls her for stupid shit during his custody time he could have handled himself.
It's amazing how you always have a "friend" that's the exception to the rule.

Unread post

Co parenting requires both parents to be parenting. BM does not ever parent. She has never once punished her kids. DH does all the parenting for their kids.

I have 0 problems coparenting with my ex.

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:32 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:55 pm That is truly awful she expects him to be an involved parent even though they're divorced.
He is an involved parent by taking care of the kids 100% on HIS custody time
Good parents still parent their children even when it's not their custodial time.

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:55 pm That is truly awful she expects him to be an involved parent even though they're divorced.
So does that make it truly awful for him to expect her to be an involved parent when she has never been involved in discipline ever?
RedBottoms

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:18 pm
lol its honestly how every divorced parent I know acts. Except my mom. She would call my Dad up and bitch at him about me. But most divorced parents I know don't do that. It shows maturity if you ask me
eyes4ears
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

This! Especially the second paragraph!

quote=SeekingPeace post_id=44205 time=1529783714 user_id=653]
I agree that it's good for the kids to see that mom and dad are on the same page. And I think for the BIG issues, it's appropriate for mom/dad to keep each other informed. But daily calls should not be necessary. And if they are, there's something wrong.

I think these kids are learning, by mom always having to call dad, that SHE has no control over them. I don't know how old these children are; but mom better get a handle on them while they are young. Because if she doesn't do it now, when they reach their teenage years, all hell is going to break loose.

Fullxbusymom wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:32 am I see nothing wrong with BM calling dad that their children are acting up, not doing what they're supposed to etc. I do it with my ex and he does it with me when he has them. It is good that the kids see both parents are on the same page.
[/quote]
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Spot on.
I shit glitter
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That would annoy the crap out of me. Kids fight. They are pains in the ass on a regular basis. If someone called me for every little thing I'd be irritated too.
RedBottoms

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:06 pm

Spot on.
yep. When you have a lot of friends, chances are-one of them might have similarities. #popularpersonproblem I suppose
Locked Previous topicNext topic