Not enough money?

CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Sil is watching my 3 kids for 5 days. Two will be in school for 3 of the days. Breakfast and lunch will be taken care of for them. The older ones will be at parties for 2 nights. So the older ones will be gone most of the time. Is $100 enough for food? She isn't asking for it. I don't want it to be a burden.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Hard to tell but if she already has kids herself, I think it should be fine. People without kids tend to keep less food on hand so she would have to go shopping in that case.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mrsmacgiver wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 7:35 pm Hard to tell but if she already has kids herself, I think it should be fine. People without kids tend to keep less food on hand so she would have to go shopping in that case.
She has three kids. My older two will be with her for 6 meals. It's my youngest that will be there all the time. She cooks pasta or rice meals a lot. I don't know if she will take the money. I want to make it easier on her. I am taking snack stuff for mine and her youngest. Ds hasn't been away from me this long before. I am trying to make sure his favorite stuff is there.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I always packed my kids food when my sister watched them. She wouldn't have taken money either but it helped her.
i want candy!
Momto3
Peasant
Peasant

Unread post

I think thats more than fair.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:09 pm I always packed my kids food when my sister watched them. She wouldn't have taken money either but it helped her.
I would pack food for the kids, but then her kids would want what my kids have. They always want what my kids have. I am sending snacks and ds's favorite things.I figured it would be easier for all if I send money and she can buy more food.
BloodHoney
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I think that's a fair amount. If she is hesitant to take it, maybe tell her to use it on a pizza night for the kids if you're okay with that.
'Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.'
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think it's a good amount. I like the pizza idea if she won't take it.
Ivegotrhythm
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

That sounds fair to to me.

It's nice that she would watch them for you.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Honestly I would offer a little more. 5 days for 3 kids, I would offer $200. That way maybe she can take them to go do something fun.
Locked Previous topicNext topic