I'm 35 years old and I've never.....

Unread post

The thing is, the $10-13,000 range is indicative of the time cars start needing work. You're looking at vans with higher miles/years at that price point.
If it doesn't have to be a minivan, you're bettter off getting a brand new cheap car, like a Nissan Versa or something. They start within your budget and you'll have a warranty.
SunshineDaydream wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:21 am
bluebunnybabe wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:18 am
SunshineDaydream wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:12 am

Thanks! I think I can do that ๐Ÿ˜Š ...eventually lol
Maybe try building your credit up some while youโ€™re saving up. Also, when I was building my credit up years ago, I went to my little local bank and got a car loan for like $3000 and bought something from a private party. You really donโ€™t want to finance a lot of your interest rate is going to be high.
We've been building our credit for years. It's better than it was. And we've been buying old crappy cars outright for years and the cost of repairs gets so insane it's not worth it. We need something we know will likely not break down and cost $1000s anytime soon.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Do some research. Find out how much the APR is on a personal loan, and how much it would be to finance through the dealership. Then go with the lowest one.

When you go into talk to them, they will tell you what all you need. You don't have to buy that day, but you can get some information. Sometimes even your bank will do some pretty low APR's on vehicle sales. Talk to your bank too! Good luck!

bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SunshineDaydream wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:12 am

Thanks! I think I can do that ๐Ÿ˜Š ...eventually lol
Maybe try building your credit up some while youโ€™re saving up. Also, when I was building my credit up years ago, I went to my little local bank and got a car loan for like $3000 and bought something from a private party. You really donโ€™t want to finance a lot of your interest rate is going to be high.
We've been building our credit for years. It's better than it was. And we've been buying old crappy cars outright for years and the cost of repairs gets so insane it's not worth it. We need something we know will likely not break down and cost $1000s anytime soon.
Well, even if you donโ€™t use the loan, you should check with your bank or credit union first to see what interest rate they will do. Dealers will see you coming a mile away and give you a very high rate if they think they can.
๐ŸฆKid Crack Dealer๐Ÿฆ
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Me neither. I'm 34 though. Lol I've always bought my cars outright.
My current vehicle is a 2008 CRv I'll probably drive for about 5 more years.
Canadiana
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I went through the dealership but the bank finances with them. I never put a downpayment. And 0 percent interest. Brand new.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I am not a fan of leasing - you typically spend the most on financing costs with a lease. Here is a link to a good article covering some basics of car financing.

http://guides.wsj.com/personal-finance/ ... -purchase/
SunshineDaydream
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Guest wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:26 am The thing is, the $10-13,000 range is indicative of the time cars start needing work. You're looking at vans with higher miles/years at that price point.
If it doesn't have to be a minivan, you're bettter off getting a brand new cheap car, like a Nissan Versa or something. They start within your budget and you'll have a warranty.

It has to be a minivan. We are a family of 5-- + 2 biggish dogs--who camp and take road trips often. We pack a minivan to the brim ๐Ÿ˜’
SunshineDaydream
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Canadiana wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:03 am I went through the dealership but the bank finances with them. I never put a downpayment. And 0 percent interest. Brand new.
Excellent credit though, right?

Unread post

That stinks. You're going to end up with a car payment AND repairs simultaneously.
SunshineDaydream wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:59 pm
Guest wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:26 am The thing is, the $10-13,000 range is indicative of the time cars start needing work. You're looking at vans with higher miles/years at that price point.

It has to be a minivan. We are a family of 5-- + 2 biggish dogs--who camp and take road trips often. We pack a minivan to the brim ๐Ÿ˜’
Bren_da
Donated
Donated
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Buy another hunk of junk
Locked Previous topicNext topic