Reasons for late period other than pregnancy and the usual

Unread post

I'll try to be to the point.

Last S*x was July 12.

Period was July 26. On time. 28 day cycle. Normal, moderate to heavy bleeding for five days. Definitely not just a little bit of implantation spotting.

My next period was due August 23 and is still a no show.

Took a pregnancy test the day after period was due. Negative.

Took another one the next morning with first morning urine. Negative.

Then took another one yesterday (digital) and yet another today. Still negative.

I think it's safe to say that I'm not pregnant. I'd have to be almost nine weeks along if I conceived July 12.

I'm 37 with four children and in decent health. I'm not stressed out or anything. Could it just be the very early stages of peri menopause or something? I've read that one of the biggest age predictors of that is your mother's age and my mom didn't reach menopause until her mid 50s. I just don't understand because I've always been so regular.

Suggestions?
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Welcome to getting older. It could be just one of those things. The body is a fun filled contradiction.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You could have not ovulated. I was only about 3 weeks from conception when mine came back positive so I agree it's not from pregnancy.

Unread post

jas wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:32 pm Welcome to getting older. It could be just one of those things. The body is a fun filled contradiction.
Ugh. Aging...😭

My main concern/fear is pregnancy, though, but at least that's looking more and more unlikely with so many negative tests this far out.

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:40 pm You could have not ovulated. I was only about 3 weeks from conception when mine came back positive so I agree it's not from pregnancy.
Just as long as I'm not pregnant, lol.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Stress, age. Plus they can just shift a few days.

Unread post

leadfoot40 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:54 pm Stress, age. Plus they can just shift a few days.
I guess I just wasn't ready for age related stuff. 👎
Ladyiq
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Yes, that is one of the first noticeable symptoms of peri-menopause.
Madeyemoody
Countess
Countess

Unread post

hormones.
I completely missed my period in October last year only to have it come back with a vengeance the following month. It hung around for two weeks and my entire cycle has changed since then. My periods have gotten shorter and my cycle is now every 28 days vs every 31 days. Shit changes up as we age.
Justanotherperson
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I think its apart of getting older. I just turned 39. For the past 2 years my periods have been completely out of whack. They are extremely irregular and when I do get them, its barely just a few days of spotting. I went to the doctor and got complete check up done. Hormone levels are fine. I am not menopausal or even starting it yet according to my doctor. He said sometimes as women get older our periods get out of whack sometimes. Unless you are trying to get pregnant, its nothing to worry about.
Locked Previous topicNext topic