Would this be rude? 1st birthday party letter.

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Just accept it with a smile and donate everything later. You’ll make someone’s day shopping at the thrift store!!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

EmilyH87 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:11 am
Ilovemydaughter06 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:03 am
EmilyH87 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:57 am

Paw Patrol and Blaze and the Monster Machines is in my head almost constantly. I've just accepted it as life now lol
Or Full House, or Dora, or Yo Gabba Gabba, my list can go on & on.
I have avoided him watching Dora LIKE THE PLAGUE. My youngest brother watched it when he was little. I atill can't stand hearing it. DS's other thing is Thomas and Friends. We know every train...
I did everything I could to convince the kids Barney was awful and not worth watching. Idk if it's on any more but I couldn't STAND that dinosaur. It was a joke with my mom and I that if the anti Christ was real he'd take the form of Barney. Hide satanic messages in all that I love you Bs lol.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Here's how I look at your letter... The people who want to buy obnoxious toys are going to get them whether you ask them not to or not. Your letter won't change their mind either way. What it will do is possibly irritate someone just enough that even if they weren't going to buy an obnoxious toy before, they are now simply because you asked them not to. They will do it to be *funny*.

Do not send the letter. If you want to put his clothing sizes in the invite and maybe mention that he likes books and learning toys you can, but that should be the absolute extent of it. He's 1 for crying out loud. Anything he gets that YOU don't approve of goes in the closet or garbage or gets returned.... He will never know the difference.
Vanillacupcake
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

What you consider loud and obnoxious others may not.

I do not consider the popper push toy loud and obnoxious.
Iffrinn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Good Lord. Let people give him what THEY choose to give him. That is the only way to do it that isn't rude as hell. These people want to offer GIFTS to your child. You don't get to dictate gifts.

After the party, take anything that you don't want your child to have, and donate it to a charity or a children's hospital, or a foster care program.

For your kid's sake, I would hope you would suck it up and get over the 'no loud, obnoxious toys' thing. Let the kid be a kid and have some fun!!!
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:42 am
Ilovemydaughter06 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:03 am

Or Full House, or Dora, or Yo Gabba Gabba, my list can go on & on.
I have avoided him watching Dora LIKE THE PLAGUE. My youngest brother watched it when he was little. I atill can't stand hearing it. DS's other thing is Thomas and Friends. We know every train...
I did everything I could to convince the kids Barney was awful and not worth watching. Idk if it's on any more but I couldn't STAND that dinosaur. It was a joke with my mom and I that if the anti Christ was real he'd take the form of Barney. Hide satanic messages in all that I love you Bs lol.
Barney was never a thing in our house (lucky for my parents). I was a Sesame Street kid. Brothers liked Blues Clues and Dora.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

EmilyH87 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:11 pm

Barney was never a thing in our house (lucky for my parents). I was a Sesame Street kid. Brothers liked Blues Clues and Dora.
We used to watch Bob the Builder. I used to quietly wait for the day he would finally propose to Wendy or kiss her or something. I knew I finally lost my mind when we started watching Jonny Test and I told the kids the dad in the cartoon was the best because the floors were so clean the kids could see their reflection in them. He was a sahd and I wanted a husband like him. Lol
Vanillacupcake
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

LMAO

Pjmm wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:17 pm

We used to watch Bob the Builder. I used to quietly wait for the day he would finally propose to Wendy or kiss her or something. I knew I finally lost my mind when we started watching Jonny Test and I told the kids the dad in the cartoon was the best because the floors were so clean the kids could see their reflection in them. He was a sahd and I wanted a husband like him. Lol
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Vanillacupcake wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:19 pm LMAO

It was pathetic LMAO

Unread post

Discussung how Ryder funds Paw Patrol is often a conversation at our dinner as is whether or not Mayor Goodway is a dictator and if she is having an affair with Mayor Humdinger
Locked Previous topicNext topic