A middle school teacher who moonlights as a pole-dance instructor has been suspended by a North Carolina school district

Sex is bad mmkay

Unread post

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/new ... /586713239

RAEFORD, N.C. — A middle school teacher who moonlights as a pole-dance instructor has been suspended by a North Carolina school district.

A spokeswoman for Hoke County's public schools didn't specify why Kandice Mason was suspended with pay pending the outcome of an investigation.

Mason tells WTVD-TV that school officials saw a video of her pole dancing that she posted to her private Facebook account. She says school officials cited a policy that says employees are role models who are "responsible for their public conduct even when they are not performing their job duties."

Mason says she isn't ashamed of her part-time pastime and sees pole dancing as an artform and a good way to stay in shape.

Mason was due to start teaching sixth grade at West Hoke County Middle School.

What do you think? Should the teacher be fired because of her part time job?

Unread post

Speaking as a North Carolinian I would say yes

Unread post

😂 we are now suspending teachers for exercising? FFS she’s not working at a strip club. She’s just working out!!!
Sex is bad mmkay

Unread post

Guest wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:11 am Speaking as a North Carolinian I would say yes
Why should she be fired?

Are you (collective you) willing to pay more in taxes so teachers don’t have to resort to second jobs to help pay their bills?

Unread post

No. I'm sick of blue law states. Bunch of damn prudes.
Sex is bad mmkay

Unread post

Guest wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:14 am 😂 we are now suspending teachers for exercising? FFS she’s not working at a strip club. She’s just working out!!!
Don’t you know anything that could possibly be affiliated with S*x is a no no?????

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wral.c ... ersion=amp

Maybe if they focused more on teachers pay they wouldn’t have pole dancing teachers 🤔
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pole dancing in it's roots isn't sexual. It was sexualized in the 1800s in America, before that it was just exercise.

Unread post

Yes she should be fired. Not because I think there is anything wrong with a pole dancing class, but she signed a contract. She isnt smart enough to be teaching if she didnt think teaching pole dancing would be seen as controversial by many in NC.

Unread post

I think people need to stop whining about what other people do. If you dont like it just move on,it doesn't mean anyone should lose a job.

Ffs if I dont like that Sally wore a red skirt ,can I get her fired. That is how petty this shit is.
Squirrelcat
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

No that’s dumb. It’s just exercise
Locked Previous topicNext topic