Get a job

SAHM

Unread post

My youngest will be in school this year and my in laws assumed I would start working. I don't talk to them even though they live close by. My MIL came over my house to inform me she got me a job at the retirement home she used to at work at in house keeping. I told her no thanks. She try to continue the conversation but I told her to leave. She wouldn't try something like this if DH was home.
I am not sorry that I am putting me first for once. DH is an OTR trucker and it is usually just me with the kids. I cannot rely on my in laws for anything because to them a SAHM shouldn't need a sitter. To make it clear my MIL will watch her other grandchildren for her other kids but not me because I don't work. She has said sometimes parents need a break but I wouldn't understand that. I had asked if she could watch my kids a few times for doctor appts while DH was away.
This year I plan to do wonderful things like see the doctor without kids and start substitute teaching in February. I am taking the first course in September and second part in January. If I like substituting I will go back to college for teaching. I know my in laws will probably have a fit, but f**k them. This isn't their problem and my DH fully supports me.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

So you're mad about your MIL telling to get a job but you're already going to get one?
Just tell her sorry, I've already applied to be a substitute.
SAHM

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:50 pm So you're mad about your MIL telling to get a job but you're already going to get one?
No. I don't like how she assumed I should be working and try to force me into a job. If I had let her stay to ramble on she would probably had tried her best to guilt me.
She does not need to know about me working or lack of.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SAHM wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:48 pm My youngest will be in school this year and my in laws assumed I would start working. I don't talk to them even though they live close by. My MIL came over my house to inform me she got me a job at the retirement home she used to at work at in house keeping. I told her no thanks. She try to continue the conversation but I told her to leave. She wouldn't try something like this if DH was home.
I am not sorry that I am putting me first for once. DH is an OTR trucker and it is usually just me with the kids. I cannot rely on my in laws for anything because to them a SAHM shouldn't need a sitter. To make it clear my MIL will watch her other grandchildren for her other kids but not me because I don't work. She has said sometimes parents need a break but I wouldn't understand that. I had asked if she could watch my kids a few times for doctor appts while DH was away.
This year I plan to do wonderful things like see the doctor without kids and start substitute teaching in February. I am taking the first course in September and second part in January. If I like substituting I will go back to college for teaching. I know my in laws will probably have a fit, but f**k them. This isn't their problem and my DH fully supports me.
I am a firm believer in self love, self care and having a voice so in my opinion youre doing great!
I will never understand the view that a sahm isnt work. Its just a different kind of work day where the *ssholes are minors instead of adults lol jk of course.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

SAHM wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:55 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:50 pm So you're mad about your MIL telling to get a job but you're already going to get one?
No. I don't like how she assumed I should be working and try to force me into a job. If I had let her stay to ramble on she would probably had tried her best to guilt me.
ok Gotcha, it's more of a 'stay out of my business' thing.
Yeah I feel like that a lot too.
SAHM

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:03 pm
SAHM wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:48 pm My youngest will be in school this year and my in laws assumed I would start working. I don't talk to them even though they live close by. My MIL came over my house to inform me she got me a job at the retirement home she used to at work at in house keeping. I told her no thanks. She try to continue the conversation but I told her to leave. She wouldn't try something like this if DH was home.
I am a firm believer in self love, self care and having a voice so in my opinion youre doing great!
I will never understand the view that a sahm isnt work. Its just a different kind of work day where the *ssholes are minors instead of adults lol jk of course.
Thank you!
I don't understand that mindset either. With dh being away, usually about three weeks out of the month, I am the only parent here most of the time. It just made sense for me not to work outside the home since most of the parenting, house and yard work fell on me.
SAHM

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:20 pm
SAHM wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:55 pm
ok Gotcha, it's more of a 'stay out of my business' thing.
Yeah I feel like that a lot too.
She rubs me the wrong way all the time. She makes it seem like we are destitute or that DH could stop working so much if I got a job.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

She sounds like my MIL
SAHM

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:32 pm She sounds like my MIL
Maybe we could introduce them to each other so they will leave us alone LOL! They can co.pare whose dil is the worse.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

SAHM wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:41 pm
Reedusstalker wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:32 pm She sounds like my MIL
Maybe we could introduce them to each other so they will leave us alone LOL! They can co.pare whose dil is the worse.
Mine told my one BIL that id babysit for him in his home, for free. He had to be at work at 4 in the morning and worked until 6 at night. My two were little, at the time, 4 and 3 i think. So i was going to have to get them up and take them there at 3:15 every morning. Lol no
Locked Previous topicNext topic