DD is a F***ing hoarder *update*

epoh
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

She holds on to *everything*.

We’re moving so I’ve been purging things from the entire house. First went all the old textbooks I’ve accumulated through the years. Next I did the kitchen. Then I went through the three bookcases I have and got rid of a ton of my other books. Then DS books. Then I went through closets and DS room (and donated 3 garbage bags full of toys).

Today I started in on DDs bedroom.

It’s hell. Hell, I tell you. She said I could get rid of anything except for stuffed animals. I’ve finished with her toys and now I’m starting on the clothes. She has so many damned stuffed animals though so they don’t fit into the wicker box (large rectangular box) she has. I’ve already cleared out three bags of toys and two bags of trash (mostly ancient backpacks with zippers that don’t work, toys that are missing pieces, etc. Not actual garbage) and I’m starting in on her clothes next.

What do I do about all these freaking stuffed animals?!

*update*

We got rid of 7 garbage bags of clothes from DDs room, 3 garbage bags of toys (both of these will be donated), and 3 garbage bags of broken toys and backpacks and random things around her room. She was able to get rid of a few more stuffed animals but not many, so I’ll be buying her a mesh thing to put stuffed animals in. Thanks for the idea, ladies! I’m glad her room is taken care of and now I’m kicking back with a beer.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Give them away (Goodwill or Salvation Army).
My daughter and the dog have a ton of stuffed animals. We were regulars at build a bear..so glad she grew out of that stage.
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I threw my kids’ in trash bags when packing. When we moved I got those mesh things to hang them up in. They’re in every corner AND there’s one on the closet and I’m about to hang one in my room bc she drags them on there all the time and leaves them. Sometimes I don’t straighten up till she’s asleep so I don’t want to go back in there and risk waking the beast.
“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
epoh
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 2:59 pm Give them away (Goodwill or Salvation Army).
My daughter and the dog have a ton of stuffed animals. We were regulars at build a bear..so glad she grew out of that stage.
She’s going to freak if she notices I got rid of any of them. Part of me just wants to tell her they got lost in the move but we’re moving ourselves, so idk if she’ll buy it. She’s 10.
epoh
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

noitsmebecky wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 3:00 pm I threw my kids’ in trash bags when packing. When we moved I got those mesh things to hang them up in. They’re in every corner AND there’s one on the closet and I’m about to hang one in my room bc she drags them on there all the time and leaves them. Sometimes I don’t straighten up till she’s asleep so I don’t want to go back in there and risk waking the beast.
I should look into a mesh thing for her room. It would probably save me the headache I’m currently dealing with.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

noitsmebecky wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 3:00 pm I threw my kids’ in trash bags when packing. When we moved I got those mesh things to hang them up in. They’re in every corner AND there’s one on the closet and I’m about to hang one in my room bc she drags them on there all the time and leaves them. Sometimes I don’t straighten up till she’s asleep so I don’t want to go back in there and risk waking the beast.
This is what I was going to suggest.
i want candy!
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I love them.

madfoodie wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 3:03 pm
This is what I was going to suggest.
“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

epoh wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 3:01 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 2:59 pm Give them away (Goodwill or Salvation Army).
She’s going to freak if she notices I got rid of any of them. Part of me just wants to tell her they got lost in the move but we’re moving ourselves, so idk if she’ll buy it. She’s 10.
How about the mesh thing or toy box? Or have her pick her most favorite(set a number) and give the rest away.
epoh
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 3:05 pm
epoh wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 3:01 pm
How about the mesh thing or toy box? Or have her pick her most favorite(set a number) and give the rest away.
I think I’m going to go with one of those mesh things. The wicker box is the size of a toy box and we don’t have room for it in the new place. I’m going to have to hit up amazon!
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I told my kids that when we have a yard sale, etc., they can keep the money from anything they decide to give up. They don't hoard any more!
Locked Previous topicNext topic