Rx refills shouldn't be this complicated

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mom of monkeys wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:19 pm Our doctor gave us 3 prescriptions at a time. We had visits every 3 months. And you could have asked Walgreens if a near by Walgreens had it in stock.
When they were still paper I used to get three at a time but that all changed when they went electronic.
AubreeGrace17
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:33 pm
AubreeGrace17 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:06 pm That sounds much more challenging than need be. Have you tried any other local pharmacies?
I actually used to get it from a local pharmacy that rarely had issues but they closed about a year ago. That's when I switched to Walgreens. Around here, once I find a place I am hesitant to switch because when we moved here three years ago not all pharmacies would even fill it. CVS and Walgreens said they couldn't get it at all and at the time Wal-Mart said they could get it but it would take two weeks. That's when I found the little local one. Obviously Walgreens changed on that since then but I don't know if others have or not.
Yikes, that sounds like an incredible hassle. Maybe you could give Walmart a call to see if anything has changed?
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

CreamTop wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:25 pm When this used to happen, they could often ship them from another Walgreens. Have you tried asking that?
There is another Walgreens about 8 miles down the road. He has no school tomorrow so I don't really need it until Monday. Maybe I'll give them a couple days and then see if that's an option if they haven't received the shipment yet.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I use Rite Aid and CVS for my meds and they let me know if there's going to be a delay.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am sorry. That really sucks. The system has some major flaws.
silverdawn99
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

My middle son is on that also and my Walgreens never have it. But oddly dillons did. But i just go thru the clinic he goes to now for it
Thunderbug75
Countess
Countess

Unread post

You know when my son started on his meds in January, I was warned about all the safe guards put in place for controlled substances. I was told I had to pick up paper scripts, could only use 1 pharmacy, had to show ID and only his doctor would sign the prescrpition. Most of these things were not true.

Anyway, the clinic and pharmacy we use are ran by my employer. I have never had a problem getting his meds the same day I request a refill. Even when his Dr was on vacation another filled the script. I am sorry you are having to jump thru so many hoops.
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

so.....thats weird!!! I am also on ADHD meds, so I get that it can be a hassle!
but mine always has like 3 refills? at least....I have to stay with the same pharmacy, I can't just go here there or anywhere to get it filled and I only get the refill after x amount of time (30 days)

I can't imagine having to go see a doc every month for a refill script!! was he diagnosed by a family doctor or a psychiatrist?
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My doctor's office/Pharmacy say to allow up to two weeks for refills. This is why you don't wait until you're nearly out to get a refill. No wonder I nearly made the pharmacy tech cry when I told her I had enough of my son's ADHD meds that I could wait for the shipment to arrive a few days later.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Mom of monkeys
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Our pharmacy won't take electronic. Must have a physical signature
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:34 pm
Mom of monkeys wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:19 pm Our doctor gave us 3 prescriptions at a time. We had visits every 3 months. And you could have asked Walgreens if a near by Walgreens had it in stock.
When they were still paper I used to get three at a time but that all changed when they went electronic.
Locked Previous topicNext topic