Hunter Biden found guilty on all counts in gun case

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 5665
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 9:56 pm

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:16 pm
DSamuels wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:12 pm
SallyMae wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:54 pm Every person who buys a gun while using drugs should face the same.
They do if it’s found out.
They don't if the drug is alcohol.
To have alcohol count I think you will need to change the law. Hunter wasn’t charged for alcohol.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 5665
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 9:56 pm

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:16 pm
DSamuels wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:12 pm
SallyMae wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:54 pm Every person who buys a gun while using drugs should face the same.
They do if it’s found out.
They don't if the drug is alcohol.
From CNN, here is the question he lied about. Alcohol is not mentioned as it is not a federally illegal drug.
These questions include: Have you been convicted of a felony? Are you a fugitive? Are you in the country unlawfully? And, importantly for this case, are you an “unlawful user of, or addicted to” illegal drugs? Hunter Biden allegedly checked the box that said, “No.”

Count 3 relates to the possession of the gun. It’s also against federal law to possess a gun if you are abusing drugs. Hunter Biden had the gun for 11 days in October 2018, before his girlfriend threw it in a dumpster because she was worried about his mental health, according to the indictment and texts made public in recent court filings.
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... 439675d55e
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess
Posts: 1923
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:30 am

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:35 pm I find this funny because the GOP can't really cry about a "weaponized" justice department any longer, and if Biden really does appeal on 2nd Amendment rights, will they then have to support him? What are they going to do?
To be honest, he should only get a fine…

Not even that much of a fine, like $2,500.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess
Posts: 1923
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:30 am

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:16 pm
DSamuels wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:12 pm
SallyMae wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:54 pm Every person who buys a gun while using drugs should face the same.
They do if it’s found out.
They don't if the drug is alcohol.
Or coffee for that matter…
SallyMae
Regent
Regent
Posts: 3243
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:38 pm

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:12 pm
SallyMae wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:16 pm
DSamuels wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:12 pm

They do if it’s found out.
They don't if the drug is alcohol.
To have alcohol count I think you will need to change the law. Hunter wasn’t charged for alcohol.
I'd be fine with changing the law.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent
Posts: 3243
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:38 pm

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:37 pm
SallyMae wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:16 pm
DSamuels wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:12 pm They do if it’s found out.
They don't if the drug is alcohol.
Or coffee for that matter…
Regulating that might be a harder sell. There isn't a very strong body of evidence demonstrating that caffeine and firearms are a dangerous combination. However there is for alcohol and firearms.

Alcohol Misuse and Gun Violence:
An Evidence-Based Approach for State Policy

1 in 3 gun homicides the killer was drinking;
1 in 3 gun homicides the victim was drinking;
1 in 4 gun suicides the victim was drinking;
Alcohol is a major contributing factor to deaths by gun.

Harm reduction by:
1) Limiting access to firearms by persons with a record of alcohol misuse
2) Limiting access to guns where alcohol is consumed

https://publichealth.jhu.edu/sites/defa ... olence.pdf
SallyMae
Regent
Regent
Posts: 3243
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:38 pm

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:24 pm From CNN, here is the question he lied about. Alcohol is not mentioned as it is not a federally illegal drug.
You are so right. But if the laws that keep drug users away from guns make any sense at all, they would make even more sense applied to alcohol, because it is a much greater risk factor for death by gun.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 8819
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 5:20 pm

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:14 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:06 pm I think it's funny how much Democrats want more gun control and here we have the son of a Democratic President doing shady shit with guns.
A gun he had for 11 days? OMG, so shady.
Felony gun charges and breaking laws meant to keep guns out of the hands of drug addicts = shady shit! I don't give two shits how long he had the guns.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 8819
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 5:20 pm

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:54 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:06 pm I think it's funny how much Democrats want more gun control and here we have the son of a Democratic President doing shady shit with guns.
Every person who buys a gun while using drugs should face the same.
I agree
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 8819
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 5:20 pm

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:36 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:35 pm I find this funny because the GOP can't really cry about a "weaponized" justice department any longer, and if Biden really does appeal on 2nd Amendment rights, will they then have to support him? What are they going to do?
To be honest, he should only get a fine…

Not even that much of a fine, like $2,500.
Would you say the same thing if it was a Trump? Or Donald Trump himself? I doubt it. Everyone wants him to serve time for giving a porn star money. Lol
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic