Is it mean?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My daughter’s birthday is in two weeks. She’s turning eleven. I’m taking the day off from work and taking her out for the day to have fun on her birthday. We’re having her birthday party over the weekend. I made her a dentist appointment on the morning of her birthday before we go out for the day, because I took the day off, and it’s an opportunity to get the appointment done. My daughter doesn’t really like going to the dentist but she handles it. She seemed a little shocked when I told her I was taking her to the dentist that morning. Now I’m wondering if I should reschedule the appointment or just still take her and get it over with. Is it mean to take a kid to the dentist on their birthday? Her appointment is first thing in the morning then we will be having fun for the rest of the day. She’s getting her teeth cleaned and possibly a small cavity filled if she needs it. They’ve been keeping an eye on the cavity so it still might be fine. As a parent would you keep the appointment or reschedule?
lovemykiddos6
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:17 pm My daughter’s birthday is next week. She’s turning eleven. I’m taking the day off from work and taking her out for the day to have fun on her birthday. We’re having her birthday party over the weekend. I made her a dentist appointment on the morning of her birthday before we go out for the day, because I took the day off, and it’s an opportunity to get the appointment done. My daughter doesn’t really like going to the dentist but she handles it. She seemed a little shocked when I told her I was taking her to the dentist that morning. Now I’m wondering if I should reschedule the appointment or just still take her and get it over with. Is it mean to take a kid to the dentist on their birthday? Her appointment is first thing in the morning then we will be having fun for the rest of the day. She’s getting her teeth cleaned and possibly a small cavity filled if she needs it. They’ve been keeping an eye on the cavity so it still might be fine. As a parent would you keep the appointment or reschedule?
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I would definitely reschedule…

That’s the kind of thing you remember. Not in a good way.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’d reschedule if you are able to. If it’s hard to otherwise get time off to take her, you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do. But getting a cavity filled in the morning kind of puts a damper on the day.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I'd absolutely reschedule
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

How is this even a questIon? Reschedule
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Depends on the kid. My daughter LOVES going to the dentist and sees it as a fun day outing. She would have no problem starting a birthday day with a trip to the dentist. My son HATES going to the dentist so I would schedule on a day that wasn't a birthday.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Personally, I would reschedule. What if she needs some work done and she’ll be in pain or unable to enjoy whatever you have planned for the day? And if it’s really just a cleaning and nothing more, what’s the need of having it done that day?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
AZOldGal66
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

As other's have written, I'd reschedule.
just an old coot 😉🌵
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Reschedule for sure.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic