Dave Portnoy unloads on anti-Israel college protesters: 'I wouldn't hire any of these activists

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

After taking aim at Ivy League administrators, Barstool Sports president and founder Dave Portnoy is now turning to anti-Israel agitators.

"I wouldn't hire any of these activists," Portnoy said Friday on "Varney & Co." "I've been doing Barstool for 20 years, and these protests I've been through, Occupy Wall Street, if you remember, Black Lives Matter, #MeToo, now Israel… you have serial protesters who, in a lot of these cases on college campuses, don't even care about the cause.

"But these people, I'd like to see them go to some of the countries that they think are so great, cause issues, break into buildings and then demand food… They'd cut their tongues out."
https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/dave- ... -activists
Della
Princess
Princess

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

I understand that a lot of these protests are peaceful. I can even understand the anger that facilitates rioting as a TEMPORARY knee jerk reaction. But I feel like we (general) are using that as an excuse to minimize how extreme these protests have gotten and the people exploiting multiple oppressed groups are getting a pass. It did not help Black people and it's not going to help Jews or Palestinians.

There is a group of people jumping from cause to cause looking for a reason to fight and we (general) are tolerating it.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

I wouldn’t hire any of them either.
CEO of Hims and Hers said he and other executives were eager to hire anti-Israel student protesters who’ve faced disciplinary actions from their universities.
His stock plummeted andhe lost $210 million 😂😂😂

https://nypost.com/2024/05/03/us-news/ ... rotesters/

He tried to backpedal. Too late, dude 😂

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/hi ... tock-drops
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Della
Princess
Princess

Don't hire ANYONE who supports the liars who have determined their version of reality.
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

SouthernIslander wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:45 pm I understand that a lot of these protests are peaceful. I can even understand the anger that facilitates rioting as a TEMPORARY knee jerk reaction. But I feel like we (general) are using that as an excuse to minimize how extreme these protests have gotten and the people exploiting multiple oppressed groups are getting a pass. It did not help Black people and it's not going to help Jews or Palestinians.

There is a group of people jumping from cause to cause looking for a reason to fight and we (general) are tolerating it.
These are the same people who went against freedom in the fifties and sixties.
306/232

SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Della wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:04 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:45 pm I understand that a lot of these protests are peaceful. I can even understand the anger that facilitates rioting as a TEMPORARY knee jerk reaction. But I feel like we (general) are using that as an excuse to minimize how extreme these protests have gotten and the people exploiting multiple oppressed groups are getting a pass. It did not help Black people and it's not going to help Jews or Palestinians.

Who the protesters?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

SouthernIslander wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:31 pm
Della wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:04 pm

Who the protesters?
Probably not since they'd have to be Boomers and Gen X. Actually even the oldest Gen X were children in the sixties. As for Portnoy Idk exactly who he is. But if he doesn't want to hire the activists that's his business. If the activists are targeting Jews that have nothing to do with Israel I don't blame him. If they are committing acts of vandalism I don't blame him. That's no way to hold a protest. If he doesn't want to hire a peaceful activist then he could be hurting himself. These people might have a strong sense of justice and morality. The problem is the violent activists hurt the cause.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

I’m so sick of it all, I’m just anti-protesters…

I don’t care what the protest is about, who you’re protesting for, what you’re mad at…

Either become a lobbiest or I don’t want to hear about it.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm not even sure what he means, lol. Sounds a bit like virtue signaling. Is he keeping a list?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic