Arkansas Governor signs new executive law to protect women.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:18 pm
SallyMae wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:06 pm They could use a sliding scale. They could figure out a competitive range. Eventually they will find compatible points where abilities are matched and tested. There's no way that's just impossible, forever.
It would be unfair, In track meets, that would mean natural born women get a head start to men and transgender women.

It’s pretty bad for everyone involved…
You have no faith in women if you think no woman could beat any man, ever, not even a really small guy or a trans person.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:30 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:18 pm
SallyMae wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:06 pm They could use a sliding scale. They could figure out a competitive range. Eventually they will find compatible points where abilities are matched and tested. There's no way that's just impossible, forever.
It would be unfair, In track meets, that would mean natural born women get a head start to men and transgender women.

It’s pretty bad for everyone involved…
You have no faith in women if you think no woman could beat any man, ever, not even a really small guy or a trans person.
This has nothing to do with faith in women.

Again, do you think Flo Jo was slower than Usain Bolt because she just didn’t try hard enough? She didn’t train hard enough? She didn’t have enough stupid songs propping her up?

You are a science denier if you don’t believe men and women’s bodies differ. Sorry to say it, but maybe you can write a song about it…maybe if we play “this is our fight song” our top athletes get faster and stronger than their top athletes.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:27 am

Again, do you think Flo Jo was slower than Usain Bolt because she just didn’t try hard enough? She didn’t train hard enough? She didn’t have enough stupid songs propping her up?

You are a science denier if you don’t believe men and women’s bodies differ. Sorry to say it, but maybe you can write a song about it…maybe if we play “this is our fight song” our top athletes get faster and stronger than their top athletes.
Who is "our" and "their" in your understanding?
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:55 am

This is a group full of women.
We’re talking about the differences between women and men in sports.

If we pay attention to context clues, I think you already know…
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:03 am

I am a woman, and a member of this group. But I do not identify with any "our team" as opposed to "their team" in your statements. I don't feel the need to view trans women as "other" or as "men."

I asked for clarification because I didn't want to presume your meaning. Please do not presume you speak for all the women in this group with your opinions.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:21 am
Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:03 am

I am a woman, and a member of this group. But I do not identify with any "our team" as opposed to "their team" in your statements. I don't feel the need to view trans women as "other" or as "men."

I asked for clarification because I didn't want to presume your meaning. Please do not presume you speak for all the women in this group with your opinions.
Oh Jesus Christ…

We means women, like when I was talking about Flo Jo
Their means men, like when I was talking about Usain Bolt.

If you are so caught up in identity politics that you also can’t admit that science has proven there is a difference between the male and female body when at the uppermost level of athletes, you are also a science denier.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I also know someone who is trans and (male to female) and she is way smaller than I am. I think this is a spurious argument foisted on us by the right wing conservatives who just hate the idea of transgendering and will invent any argument to try to stop it.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:55 am I also know someone who is trans and (male to female) and she is way smaller than I am. I think this is a spurious argument foisted on us by the right wing conservatives who just hate the idea of transgendering and will invent any argument to try to stop it.
Republicans want control and that includes control of others bodies.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:55 am I also know someone who is trans and (male to female) and she is way smaller than I am. I think this is a spurious argument foisted on us by the right wing conservatives who just hate the idea of transgendering and will invent any argument to try to stop it.
Or maybe republicans have been told, “that’s not what science shows us and women will suffer if you do this” and they responded “f**k women, my feelings are more important than them“

And then democrats were told “that’s not what science shows us and women will suffer if you do this” and they responded with “f**k women, my feelings are more important than them”…

Science no longer matters to either of them, we’re now in the age of feelings mattering more than facts… for both republicans and democrats.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:06 am
Or maybe republicans have been told, “that’s not what science shows us and women will suffer if you do this” and they responded “f**k women, my feelings are more important than them“

And then democrats were told “that’s not what science shows us and women will suffer if you do this” and they responded with “f**k women, my feelings are more important than them”…

Science no longer matters to either of them, we’re now in the age of feelings mattering more than facts… for both republicans and democrats.
Fact is transgenders exist just as they always have, but now they're out of the closet and the Republicans can't stand it. When did the COTUS stop covering them?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic