UCLA anti-Israel protesters ask supporters for vegan and gluten-free food, zip ties, shields and EpiPens

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:27 pm Pi Kappa Phi

Broleteriat
"Broleteriat" is a good description of Pi Kappa Phi.

In the last five years it's been mainly famous for brawls, racism, vandalism, using illicit drugs, rape and hazing pledges to death.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:42 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:31 pm If they are gearing up to fight cops, are we ok with that?
That’s exactly what they’re planning to do…
Just reading the plan, the instructions about phones make it seem to me they're planning on being arrested by the police, not attacking them.

And, like it or not, it is realistic for the organisers to take into account the chances of significant numbers of police officers being more likely to be violent against people with some skin colours rather than others.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:42 pm The Jewish protesters aren’t asking for helmets
Which Jewish ones? The ones who support the actions of the current government of Israel, or the ones (like Ruth Lukom and Jewish Voice for Peace) who support Jews, support the existence of Israel, but who oppose some of Benjamin Netanyahu's policies?

(57% of Israelis think Netanyahu's performance as PM has been sub-par, 55% think he acts primarily out of self interest (rather than in the interests of Israel, or even of Jewish Israelis), and just 15% think he should remain PM.)
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

I find the comments in this thread very disappointing. The student protests here are part of a world-wide protest against war crimes. The images of children and civilians blocked from receiving food and medical care are heart breaking. For students to protest this is not childish, spoiled or worthy of being mocked. Property destruction is wrong, but free speech and political protest are American rights.

Again, you can agree or disagree with their goals to pressure the universities to divest from weapons corporations and the financial support for the current Israeli military tactics. But choosing to attack them personally instead of engaging on the very real issues raised only perpetuates the status quo. And the status quo is over 35,000 killed in the Israel–Hamas war, 70% of them women and children.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualtie ... of%20UNRWA.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

MonarchMom wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:11 am I find the comments in this thread very disappointing. The student protests here are part of a world-wide protest against war crimes. The images of children and civilians blocked from receiving food and medical care are heart breaking. For students to protest this is not childish, spoiled or worthy of being mocked. Property destruction is wrong, but free speech and political protest are American rights.

Again, you can agree or disagree with their goals to pressure the universities to divest from weapons corporations and the financial support for the current Israeli military tactics. But choosing to attack them personally instead of engaging on the very real issues raised only perpetuates the status quo. And the status quo is over 35,000 killed in the Israel–Hamas war, 70% of them women and children.

How often do you smash in doors with a hammer to protest? How often do you surround Jewish people and attack to protest? How often do you take down American flags at an American university and switch them out with whatever flag *you* want up?

You don’t? Ok good… then We’ll continue to mock those that break the law because they feel vindicated in doing so.

Breaking down doors with hammers is wrong…

Trashing a building is wrong…

Surrounding Jewish kids and beating them is wrong…

Throwing metal barricades onto someone’s head is wrong…

Blocking entrances and only allowing those with wristbands in who aren’t Jewish is wrong…

There’s a whole lotta wrong going on that you want us to ignore because of actions that NONE of these students they’re targeting have anything to do with…
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:08 pm I need to know what they could possibly need zip ties for…

I’ve been camping hundreds of times… never brought zip ties.
So they can zip tie themselves together
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Yeah-that is a stupid request. I'm a supporter of freedom of expression but these people who are whining about needing food and drink are just stupid. If they are big enough to protest then they are big enough to figure out their own needs. And, when things turn violent then they should be able to figure out the ultimate outcome. Blocking university and campus building access will lead to them being arrested and jailed.
Della
Princess
Princess

Aletheia wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:01 am
Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:27 pm Pi Kappa Phi

Broleteriat
"Broleteriat" is a good description of Pi Kappa Phi.

In the last five years it's been mainly famous for brawls, racism, vandalism, using illicit drugs, rape and hazing pledges to death.
That sounds like a description of educated rednecks.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Della wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:59 am
Lexy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:18 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:02 pm

The protesters are asking those who support their political stance to aid them in their effort to stay in the encampments. They aren't asking the university for these things.

Agree or disagree about their reasons for protesting and occupying the space, but no need to conflate the "demands" for the university to divest from what they see as genocide, and their requests for supplies from their supporters.
They chose to barricade themselves into the building. Have you seen the mess they created in that building. They should go home if they get that thirsty. Most of them Per Mayor Adams the ones barricaded in the building were NOT students hence the University own them nothing but to charge them with trespassing.
His proof was ridiculous. And it's kinda neat how all of a sudden Adams is a hero to the right, lol.
For once he did the right thing. It not too hard to figure out that they were not students. Seems the case on most of the campuses.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:50 am
MonarchMom wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:11 am I find the comments in this thread very disappointing. The student protests here are part of a world-wide protest against war crimes. The images of children and civilians blocked from receiving food and medical care are heart breaking. For students to protest this is not childish, spoiled or worthy of being mocked. Property destruction is wrong, but free speech and political protest are American rights.

How often do you smash in doors with a hammer to protest? How often do you surround Jewish people and attack to protest? How often do you take down American flags at an American university and switch them out with whatever flag *you* want up?

You don’t? Ok good… then We’ll continue to mock those that break the law because they feel vindicated in doing so.

Breaking down doors with hammers is wrong…

Trashing a building is wrong…

Surrounding Jewish kids and beating them is wrong…

Throwing metal barricades onto someone’s head is wrong…

Blocking entrances and only allowing those with wristbands in who aren’t Jewish is wrong…

There’s a whole lotta wrong going on that you want us to ignore because of actions that NONE of these students they’re targeting have anything to do with…
And the people who vandalize should definitely get arrested, charged and expelled for that. But if I were a student vandalizing would be the last thing I would do. I don't want to get expelled and screw up my future over a protest. There have to be students who are there for a peaceful protest. And if there are violent people or hurt Jews and POC well then I can't blame the peaceful organizers to be prepared for when the shit hits the fan. And historically police aren't peaceful making arrests either. Re: Kent U and Jackson College where police killed students. We need to differentiate between peaceful protestors and the idiots who hurt the cause with vandalism and violence. Also, if students ask their supporters for provisions and supplies, so be it. As long as they don't demand it of the college and use these items for defense only I'm okay with it.
Here's an article about the history of college protests. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/edu ... 431111007/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic