Debunking the myth that anti-Zionism is antisemitic

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:28 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:24 am
Della wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:44 am

I'm sure you believe the pro Israel counter protestors are meek and quiet, don't you?
And I’m sure you believe they’re all evil…
Not at all, but a lot of them are dishing their honesty.
And a lot of them are innocent kids.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:05 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:24 am

And I’m sure you believe they’re all evil…
Like their Palestinian supporting peers?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:17 pm

Depends… are they holding a sign saying “peace on earth” or are they chasing Jewish kids into classrooms trying to attack them?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The latter. There’s the incident of them forming a human wall to stop a Jewish student from getting to her dorm.
I just posted a video of pro Hamas supporters that got violent with a Jewish group that was having a protest to bring attention to the sexual violence that has been so disgustingly denied and justified. There aequite a few examples of assault. And it’s always one side doing the assaulting and one side being assaulted. As Lexy said, if there had been violent incidents from the pro Israel side, most media will be all over it with their own narrative. Only thing they managed to twist around was the kid who threw fart spray during an anti Israel protest and the spoiled snowflakes stared saying it was a “chemical attack” 😂
The anti Israel media had a blast with that one for a couple of days until the truth came out and they were forced to say “oops”.
Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:32 pm

Depends… are they holding a sign saying “peace on earth” or are they chasing Jewish kids into classrooms trying to attack them?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The majority are peaceful. You just prefer to find the radicals and say "SEE!".
306/232

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:38 pm

I’m not “finding” any of them… this is what is being reported by people that are there.

If I throw a pool party that 100 people came to, and 10 of them leave in an ambulance, I’m not going to be able to say that it was a peaceful party.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And considering this is becoming a national crisis, I hardly think these protests are “mostly” peaceful. There are arrests all over the place, I’m sure that’s because this are mostly “peaceful” protesters.
Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 pm
Della wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:38 pm

I’m not “finding” any of them… this is what is being reported by people that are there.

If I throw a pool party that 100 people came to, and 10 of them leave in an ambulance, I’m not going to be able to say that it was a peaceful party.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

About 10 yrs ago, A. B. Yehoshua wrote a really good opinion piece about Zionism. I’ll look, see if I can find it, and add the link at the end.

He writes about how Zionism isn’t an ideology but a concept and this concept has a clear simple definition, it’s a “a very broad platform for various ideologies that may even contradict one another.”(Yehoshua) He’s not wrong.

I have issues with some of the article posted in the OP as part of the author’s argument towards “debunking”. They are flawed.

That said, it is dangerous and problematic to generalize anti Zionism as antisemitic. A person can be an anti Zionist because they are antisemitic. BUT are we going to call Israeli Jews who are anti Zionists because they “see the State of Israel as an abomination and a desecration of God’s name.”?

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/2013-05 ... f2668d0000
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:17 am About 10 yrs ago, A. B. Yehoshua wrote a really good opinion piece about Zionism. I’ll look, see if I can find it, and add the link at the end.

He writes about how Zionism isn’t an ideology but a concept and this concept has a clear simple definition, it’s a “a very broad platform for various ideologies that may even contradict one another.”(Yehoshua) He’s not wrong.

I have issues with some of the article posted in the OP as part of the author’s argument towards “debunking”. They are flawed.

That said, it is dangerous and problematic to generalize anti Zionism as antisemitic. A person can be an anti Zionist because they are antisemitic. BUT are we going to call Israeli Jews who are anti Zionists because they “see the State of Israel as an abomination and a desecration of God’s name.”?

There's a paywall.

I looked him up though.

"It’s possible that there will be a war with the Palestinians. It’s not necessary, it’s not impossible. But if there is a war, it will be a very short one. Maybe a war of six days. Because after we remove the settlements and after we stop being an occupation army, all the rules of war will be different. We will exercise our full force. We will not have to run around looking for this terrorist or that instigator—we will make use of force against an entire population. We will use total force. Because from the minute we withdraw I don’t even want to know their names. I don’t want any personal relations with them. I am no longer in a situation of occupation and policing and B’Tselem [the human rights organization]. Instead, I will be standing opposite them in a position of nation versus nation. State versus state. I am not going to perpetrate war crimes for their own sake, but I will use all my force against them. If there is shooting at Ashkelon, there is no electricity in Gaza. We shall use force against an entire population. We shall use total force. It will be a totally different war. It will be much harder on the Palestinians. If they shoot Qassam missiles at Ashkelon, we will cut electricity to Gaza. We shall cut communications in Gaza. We shall prevent fuel from entering Gaza. We will use our full force as we did on the Egyptian [Suez] Canal in 1969. And then, when the Palestinian suffering will be totally different, much more serious, they will, by themselves, eliminate the terror. The Palestinian nation will overcome terrorism itself. It won’t have any other choice. Let them stop the shooting. No matter if it is the PA [Palestinian Authority] or the Hamas. Whoever takes responsibility for the fuel, electricity and hospitals, and sees that they do not function, will operate within a few days to stop the shooting of the Qassams. This new situation will totally change the rules of the game. Not a desired war, but definitely aw purifying one. A war that will make it clear to the Palestinians that they are sovereign. The suffering they will go through in the post-occupation situation will make clear to them that they must stop the violence, because now they are sovereign. From the moment we retreat I don’t want to know their names at all. I don’t want any personal relationship with them, and I am not going to commit war crimes for their own sake."[30]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._B._Yehoshua
306/232

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Della wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:47 am
Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:17 am About 10 yrs ago, A. B. Yehoshua wrote a really good opinion piece about Zionism. I’ll look, see if I can find it, and add the link at the end.

There's a paywall.

I looked him up though.

"It’s possible that there will be a war with the Palestinians. It’s not necessary, it’s not impossible. But if there is a war, it will be a very short one. Maybe a war of six days. Because after we remove the settlements and after we stop being an occupation army, all the rules of war will be different. We will exercise our full force. We will not have to run around looking for this terrorist or that instigator—we will make use of force against an entire population. We will use total force. Because from the minute we withdraw I don’t even want to know their names. I don’t want any personal relations with them. I am no longer in a situation of occupation and policing and B’Tselem [the human rights organization]. Instead, I will be standing opposite them in a position of nation versus nation. State versus state. I am not going to perpetrate war crimes for their own sake, but I will use all my force against them. If there is shooting at Ashkelon, there is no electricity in Gaza. We shall use force against an entire population. We shall use total force. It will be a totally different war. It will be much harder on the Palestinians. If they shoot Qassam missiles at Ashkelon, we will cut electricity to Gaza. We shall cut communications in Gaza. We shall prevent fuel from entering Gaza. We will use our full force as we did on the Egyptian [Suez] Canal in 1969. And then, when the Palestinian suffering will be totally different, much more serious, they will, by themselves, eliminate the terror. The Palestinian nation will overcome terrorism itself. It won’t have any other choice. Let them stop the shooting. No matter if it is the PA [Palestinian Authority] or the Hamas. Whoever takes responsibility for the fuel, electricity and hospitals, and sees that they do not function, will operate within a few days to stop the shooting of the Qassams. This new situation will totally change the rules of the game. Not a desired war, but definitely aw purifying one. A war that will make it clear to the Palestinians that they are sovereign. The suffering they will go through in the post-occupation situation will make clear to them that they must stop the violence, because now they are sovereign. From the moment we retreat I don’t want to know their names at all. I don’t want any personal relationship with them, and I am not going to commit war crimes for their own sake."[30]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._B._Yehoshua
Gifted: https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/2013-05 ... 279c980006
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic