Humans are not meant to be vegan.

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:57 pm Looking at the posts above my previous one, I guess I'm too far lost already. ....Monkeys and chimps. WTH??
Me too.
If you want to eat vegan fine, Idc long as you don't lecture me. Given the vegan "meats" and enriched foods that are out there one could probably get protein and get by. It's those that can't afford the substitutes that have a deficiency problem. But one can have that on a meat diet.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:08 pm
highlandmum wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:03 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:44 pm

She’s not right, 90 is considered basically normal human intelligence.
Let’s try to find any chimp that has ever existed, even with the most training possible that was classified to have normal human intelligence.

Aaaaaannnnnd go.
There is no standard to measure the IQ of an animal as compared to a human. Researchers have developed tests but we cannot directly compare the two.
That being said I do not hold much merit in IQ scores anyway.
So the assertion that “bright” chimps have an IQ of 80-90 is bullshit?!?!? I’m shocked.
In my opinion there is way more to intelligence than a IQ test score, that is the theory I lean towards. So that being said in the Animal Kingdom we cannot look at how we measure intelligence in a human the same way as we would in a chimp/dog/lion for example. Even in humans I subscribe to the belief that IQ tests are faulty, as they measure logic as the key to intelligence factor, neglecting the other aspects of a person - creativity, practical, wisdom among others.

So if we cannot ascertain a correct IQ score for all humans, how are we rightfully to assign one to an animal using our logic based ideas. This is why I believe that we cannot directly compare the two and as a result we cannot assign a arbitrary number of intelligence to a chimp or any other animal.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:07 pm So as a recap, yes, even the most abused human beings we know of, so horrifically abused that literally parts of their brain have died off, they’re still smarter than a chimp.
I'd like to see a comparison between Koko & Terri Schaivo.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic