protesters on campus calling for Jews to be killed, just off-campus Jews being yelled at to ‘go back to Poland

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Jewish students being harassed and assaulted. Calls for violence against Jewish people, for the destruction of Israel. Honor and glorification of Hamas. Students talking about the wonders of martyrdom, inciting others to become martyrs.
And she calls that “our disagreements”?!? 🤮
Lexy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:07 am [quoteStudents at Columbia University were told in an overnight statement that all classes will be held virtually on Monday as anti-Israel protesters have taken over the campus, its president announced]
[quoteColumbia University President Dr. Nemat "Minouche" Shafik said in a statement posted in the early hours Monday morning, that she was "deeply saddened" by certain actions of agitators, who have formed an "encampment" on the campus and have riled students and faculty with anti-Jewish slogans and chants.

"I am deeply saddened by what is happening on our campus," Shafik wrote. "Our bonds as a community have been severely tested in ways that will take a great deal of time and effort to reaffirm. Students across an array of communities have conveyed fears for their safety and we have announced additional actions we are taking to address security concerns. The decibel of our disagreements has only increased in recent days. These tensions have been exploited and amplified by individuals who are not affiliated with Columbia who have come to campus to pursue their own agendas.][/quote]

https://www.foxnews.com/us/columbia-uni ... need-reset

There should be no cancelling of classes. Intimidation should never be a factor in this country. We need to take this country back
[/quote]
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:04 am I'm really sorry this is happening. On my campus we have had peaceful candlelight vigils.
IIRC, ASU, yes?

As far as I remember, none of our universities here in AZ have seen protests taken to the levels that NYC has seen.

I could have missed the news on that, however.
just an old coot 😉🌵
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:04 am I'm really sorry this is happening. On my campus we have had peaceful candlelight vigils.
That's what I'm seeing locally as well.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think universities are handling these protests poorly to say the least. Universities have an obligation to the reasonable insurance of student safety physically and mentally. Students have the right to expect a reasonable insurance of their safety. Not only is this not being done with the handling of these protests BUT it’s also violating their policies on inclusivity. Freedom of speech is not absolute.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

There haven’t been any.
Someone las week got offended that I said that these kind of protests are happening on blue states/cities. Well… look at the evidence. I made that comment after these anarchists closed down access to airports. My son was flying home the next day and I said I was relieved that he was leaving from a red state. Let’s look where these closed roads were: NYC, San Francisco, Chicago and Seattle.
Of course nothing is all or zero, but there an overall clear tendency. And that’s because these people know where they can get away with this crap.
AZOldGal66 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:28 am
IIRC, ASU, yes?

As far as I remember, none of our universities here in AZ have seen protests taken to the levels that NYC has seen.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:24 pm There haven’t been any.
Someone las week got offended that I said that these kind of protests are happening on blue states/cities. Well… look at the evidence. I made that comment after these anarchists closed down access to airports. My son was flying home the next day and I said I was relieved that he was leaving from a red state. Let’s look where these closed roads were: NYC, San Francisco, Chicago and Seattle.
Of course nothing is all or zero, but there an overall clear tendency. And that’s because these people know where they can get away with this crap.
AZOldGal66 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:28 am
IIRC, ASU, yes?

At a press conference on Wednesday, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis highlighted the police action, saying, “You had videos where these pro-Hamas protesters were shutting down bridges and streets all across this country. And what happened when they tried to do that in Miami? They got their butts dragged off the street like they should have.”

https://www.tampafp.com/florida-gov-des ... he-street/
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"The protest called for the university's divestment from companies profiting off of "Israeli apartheid, genocide and occupation in Palestine", an academic boycott of Israeli institutions via the cancelation of the Tel Aviv global center and dual degree program, full financial transparency into the university's investments, as well as other demands concerning gentrification of the Harlem community, over-policing on campus, and censorship in the classroom.[28]"

The NYPD employed its Strategic Response Group to arrest over 100 protestors, the most since the 1968 Columbia University protests, as well as several legal observers[29] that were there to document the police's actions.[30][31][32][33] In his comments about the removal of protesters, NYPD Police Chief of Patrol John Chell clarified that it was Minouche Shafik, not the NYPD who had identified the demonstration as a 'clear and present danger'.[34] He further commented: "To put this in perspective, the students that were arrested were peaceful, offered no resistance whatsoever, and were saying what they wanted to say in a peaceful manner".[34]

Shafik's actions in ordering the arrests were criticised by the American Association of University Professors, PEN America, Serene Jones, president of Union Theological Seminary, and the Columbia College Student Council.[35][36][37] Others, however, such as Virginia Foxx, chair of the United States House Committee on Education & the Workforce were "glad" to see Shafik take the "long overdue step of inviting the New York Police Department to clear this radical, unauthorized encampment."[38]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minouche_Shafik
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

How is it that all these liberals accused Trump of being like Hitler and now all these liberals are acting like Hitler? I’m just confused.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Patriots owner Robert Kraft pulls support from Columbia after anti-Israel protests: ‘No longer an institution I recognize’

https://nypost.com/2024/04/22/us-news/r ... recognize/

May all the other alumni follow suit.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"Mr Jahalin's tribe inhabits a prized piece of land in one of the most conflict-hit parts of the world.

Some believe the future of this 12-square-kilometre area they call home is pivotal to any hope of lasting peace in the Middle East.

A proposal to kick the Bedouins out and construct a new road and a few thousand homes for Israelis has hung over their heads for 30 years.

The situation is so serious, US presidents have personally intervened to stop bulldozers from moving in."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-22/ ... /103231782
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic