DT Trial Jury Selection Done

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

12 Jurors and 6 Alternates have now been empaneled. Several jurors asked to be released due to fear of threats after details about their identity were discussed on TV or online. But now there are enough to begin the trial.

Some pundits expected the selection process to take weeks - but they are ready to start. Openings statements from the attorneys will be made on Monday.
The first week of Donald Trump’s hush money trial in New York wrapped up Friday afternoon. A full jury has been selected, including alternates, and the proceedings are expected to resume Monday with opening statements.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... e-updates/
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I really hope the jurors remain safe and anonymous.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The court is restricting Trump's defense from knowing who witness 1 is until Sunday.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Della wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:58 pm The court is restricting Trump's defense from knowing who witness 1 is until Sunday.
I do not see how this is even possible. Discovery takes months. Lawyers need more time than one day to prepare. I am thinking you mean they know who the witness are just not in what order they will testify.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:23 am
Della wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:58 pm The court is restricting Trump's defense from knowing who witness 1 is until Sunday.
I do not see how this is even possible. Discovery takes months. Lawyers need more time than one day to prepare. I am thinking you mean they know who the witness are just not in what order they will testify.
From what I have read all the legal procedures have been followed correctly. Telling them the specific order is a courtesy, not a requirement.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They have all the discovery. They just aren't revealing which one will take the stand first on Monday because of DJTs harassment efforts.

https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2 ... l-00153196
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Della wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:02 am
They have all the discovery. They just aren't revealing which one will take the stand first on Monday because of DJTs harassment efforts.

https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2 ... l-00153196
That’s what I thought you meant. Just wanted clarification as I am not following this cluster of a mess, and also being Canadian things may be a little different.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The first witness will be Pecker, lol.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic