Googlers against genocide' lead sit-ins, protests coast-to-coast at tech giant's offices

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

[quoteTech workers at both Amazon and Google have long-protested Project Nimbus, which is Google and Amazon’s $1.2 billion contract with the Israeli government and military.

The tech workers, who organized the group "No Tech for Apartheid," said that the Israeli miliary will use Google technology for "genocidal means."

"It’s clear that the Israeli military will use any technology available to them for genocidal means," the group said in a recent statement. "Google workers do not want their labor to power Israel’s genocide of Palestinians in Gaza."][/quote]

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/ ... ts-offices
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Is Israel's "Lavender" part of "Project Nimbus"?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

This one I agree with…
Look up the Lavender program… they’re having AI decide which sites get bombed without humans pushing the button…

Like no one saw The terminator…
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They have been showing you what Israel is all about.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/ ... se-in-gaza
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If they don’t want to work there, then they should quit. They don’t get to dictate what a company chooses to do. I wouldn’t work for a company if I disagreed with their practices. I’m not self centered and egotistical enough to tell them not to do it because I don’t like it. What entitlement.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:17 pm If they don’t want to work there, then they should quit. They don’t get to dictate what a company chooses to do. I wouldn’t work for a company if I disagreed with their practices. I’m not self centered and egotistical enough to tell them not to do it because I don’t like it. What entitlement.
That's quite a blood thirsty way to look at the use of AI in warfare 😯
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:17 pm If they don’t want to work there, then they should quit. They don’t get to dictate what a company chooses to do. I wouldn’t work for a company if I disagreed with their practices. I’m not self centered and egotistical enough to tell them not to do it because I don’t like it. What entitlement.
The way I see it if a company can fire me for what I say on my private social media account (telling me what to do) I'm perfectly free to tell them what to do. They don't like it, they can fire me and I'll go collect unemployment. Same if a company doesn't want me moonlighting, or complains about the moonlighting I do. For example, some schools don't like teachers bartending. And we should all learn about what Google and Amazon might be doing. Google has been accused of being a monopoly and Amazon isn't far behind. We all should be concerned with their practices. I'm also concerned with what Netanyahu and the rest of the middle East are doing.
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

💯%!
just an old coot 😉🌵
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Learn about it, by all means. And feel free to disagree with whatever choices they make. But don’t presume as an employee that you have a saying in that choice. You don’t like it? Quit. But how entitled do you have to be to tell the company to abandon a 2.1 billion deal because you have moral objections?
Just as a consumer. If you object to those companies’ actions, then stop giving them your money. Somehow I’m thinking all those who are so outraged won’t do that, though 🤷🏼‍♀️
Pjmm wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:57 pm
The way I see it if a company can fire me for what I say on my private social media account (telling me what to do) I'm perfectly free to tell them what to do. They don't like it, they can fire me and I'll go collect unemployment. Same if a company doesn't want me moonlighting, or complains about the moonlighting I do. For example, some schools don't like teachers bartending. And we should all learn about what Google and Amazon might be doing. Google has been accused of being a monopoly and Amazon isn't far behind. We all should be concerned with their practices. I'm also concerned with what Netanyahu and the rest of the middle East are doing.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic