Blocking traffic for a political protest…

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:52 pm Kennedy introduces Stop Blocking Hospitals Act to protect life-saving medical services from criminal rioting

Sep 16 2020

“First responders are on the front lines of protecting communities and saving lives. Protestors who block these heroes from the people who need them may think their actions are political, but, in reality, they’re criminal.”

WASHINGTON – Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.) today introduced the Stop Blocking Hospitals Act to make obstructing emergency vehicles and personnel a federal crime. Sens. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.), Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.), Joni Ernst (R-Iowa), Mike Rounds (R-S.D.), Kevin Cramer (R-N.D.) and Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) are original cosponsors of the bill.

“First responders are on the front lines of protecting communities and saving lives. Protestors who block these heroes from the people who need them may think their actions are political, but, in reality, they’re criminal. Ideally, local politicians wouldn’t stand by like knots on a log when protestors stop emergency care from getting to private citizens and community law enforcement. Unfortunately, though, it’s fallen to federal authorities to fill this leadership void through the Stop Blocking Hospitals Act,” said Kennedy.

“Like millions of Americans, I was outraged to learn last weekend that protestors in Los Angeles had blocked the entrance to the emergency room and chanted ‘we hope they die’ as first responders transported two sheriff deputies who were ambushed and shot. I never would have imagined we would have to introduce legislation making it a federal penalty to block access to emergency rooms, but it must be made clear that actions like these will be punished.
okay?

I believe that people have a finite number of things that they can be outraged about and right now, my outrage meter is pegged. Personally, I'm more outraged by what the protestors on the bridge were protesting rather than how they were protesting. I also understand that everyone's meter is calibrated differently. So:

Protestors should obtain permits
Protestors should never block emergency vehicles

Withholding food as a weapon of war is abhorrent
Bombing of civilian infrastructure including religious, educational, medical facilities is abhorrent
Killing and burying of victims of war in mass graves is abhorrent
Intentional killing of journalists is abhorrent
Intentional killing of relief workers is abhorrent
Bombing embassies or consulates is abhorrent
Settler violence is abhorrent
Killing children is abhorrent

Please forgive me if I don't find the targeting of protestors of the above justified even if they didn't have a permit. I'm sorry that people were delayed on the freeway.

I understand that others feel differently and that's okay, I guess.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:57 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:52 pm Kennedy introduces Stop Blocking Hospitals Act to protect life-saving medical services from criminal rioting

Sep 16 2020

“First responders are on the front lines of protecting communities and saving lives. Protestors who block these heroes from the people who need them may think their actions are political, but, in reality, they’re criminal.”

WASHINGTON – Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.) today introduced the Stop Blocking Hospitals Act to make obstructing emergency vehicles and personnel a federal crime. Sens. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.), Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.), Joni Ernst (R-Iowa), Mike Rounds (R-S.D.), Kevin Cramer (R-N.D.) and Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) are original cosponsors of the bill.

“First responders are on the front lines of protecting communities and saving lives. Protestors who block these heroes from the people who need them may think their actions are political, but, in reality, they’re criminal. Ideally, local politicians wouldn’t stand by like knots on a log when protestors stop emergency care from getting to private citizens and community law enforcement. Unfortunately, though, it’s fallen to federal authorities to fill this leadership void through the Stop Blocking Hospitals Act,” said Kennedy.

“Like millions of Americans, I was outraged to learn last weekend that protestors in Los Angeles had blocked the entrance to the emergency room and chanted ‘we hope they die’ as first responders transported two sheriff deputies who were ambushed and shot. I never would have imagined we would have to introduce legislation making it a federal penalty to block access to emergency rooms, but it must be made clear that actions like these will be punished.
okay?

I believe that people have a finite number of things that they can be outraged about and right now, my outrage meter is pegged. Personally, I'm more outraged by what the protestors on the bridge were protesting rather than how they were protesting. I also understand that everyone's meter is calibrated differently. So:

Bombing of civilian infrastructure including religious, educational, medical facilities is abhorrent

Please forgive me if I don't find the targeting of protestors of the above justified even if they didn't have a permit. I'm sorry that people were delayed on the freeway.

Ok?
I didn’t ask you to feel anything…
I said I would charge them with murder if someone died.

And no one on that bridge is anymore guilty of the above than you are…

Sadly, these displays only get people to feel anger at the pro-Palestinian cause… it doesn’t help anything, it only hurts both Americans and their cause.

It’s just a smarter idea to gain support rather than gain anger towards something people want to protest.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:03 pm

Sep 16 2020

okay?

Ok?

Sadly, these displays only get people to feel anger at the pro-Palestinian cause… it doesn’t help anything, it only hurts both Americans and their cause.

It’s just a smarter idea to gain support rather than gain anger towards something people want to protest.
Of course you asked me to "feel something". You have spent the pages of the OP winging that others don't feel the same outrage that you think this protest deserves. I don't believe for a second that these protests changed anyone's mind as to where their anger should be focused any more than any other protest. I just don't believe that people are that fickle.

I'll leave it here with this article:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... za-felony/
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:18 pm

okay?

Ok?

Of course you asked me to "feel something". You have spent the pages of the OP winging that others don't feel the same outrage that you think this protest deserves. I don't believe for a second that these protests changed anyone's mind as to where their anger should be focused any more than any other protest. I just don't believe that people are that fickle.

LOL!!
They actually think blocking the road is getting support for a ceasefire! Not the actual events that are happening over there!

Classic.

Nothing like some narcissists taking pride in something they had nothing to do with….
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:40 pm

Ok?

LOL!!
They actually think blocking the road is getting support for a ceasefire! Not the actual events that are happening over there!

Classic.

Nothing like some narcissists taking pride in something they had nothing to do with….
Blacksburg, Virginia is part of my extended community as is Virginia Tech. Vigils were held over the weekend and today and the outpouring of support and love and attendees was incredible. I never once thought, is that vigil permitted? What if an ambulance were blocked? I no longer support the VA Tech community because of the way they organized their vigil!

If someone no longer supports Palestine because of the protests on the bridge, they were never a supporter. If someone no longer supports the Black community because of some bad actors during BLM marches, they were never a supporter. If someone no longer supports environmental issues because some environmentalists chained themselves to trees, they were never supporters. People support causes they believe in regardless of bad actors just like people don't support causes despite good actors.

I see that I'm not giving you your desired response regarding protestors on bridges. All I can give you is that protests should always be permitted and those protests that are in violation should be charged. I'm not going to be calling for blood or hanging because I don't think that's warranted. Perhaps one of the other posters can give you the answers you seek?
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:04 pm

LOL!!

Classic.

Blacksburg, Virginia is part of my extended community as is Virginia Tech. Vigils were held over the weekend and today and the outpouring of support and love and attendees was incredible. I never once thought, is that vigil permitted? What if an ambulance were blocked? I no longer support the VA Tech community because of the way they organized their vigil!

If someone no longer supports Palestine because of the protests on the bridge, they were never a supporter. If someone no longer supports the Black community because of some bad actors during BLM marches, they were never a supporter. If someone no longer supports environmental issues because some environmentalists chained themselves to trees, they were never supporters. People support causes they believe in regardless of bad actors just like people don't support causes despite good actors.

I see that I'm not giving you your desired response regarding protestors on bridges. All I can give you is that protests should always be permitted and those protests that are in violation should be charged. I'm not going to be calling for blood or hanging because I don't think that's warranted. Perhaps one of the other posters can give you the answers you seek?
I don’t think you get me…

I’m saying these protesters have literally nothing to do with anyone’s support or non-support for the Palestinian cause.

The dying children do… the murdered journalists do, but as far as people blocking the road? Nothing at all…

It’s insanely narcissistic that they believe they would have any kind of influence over anyone’s views by being an annoyance…

But yeah… I’ve gotta go for the night, be back tomorrow.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, it was pretty obvious which protests inspired this post….protests that illegally blocked major roads, not only inconveniencing , but also endangering public safety. Closing a street that forces people to take a turn two blocks down isn’t a big deal. Blocking the access to airports and the Golden Gate and Brooklyn bridges is a completely different subject and those were the cases this post was inspired by.

Thank you for your good wishes. Aaron arrived without in ident. The only in ident was a woman approached him at the airport and said “God bless you” and explained that she’s a Christian who supports Israel and the Jewish people. That was so nice to hear!
Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:17 pm “Obviously, that’s not the case here”? No, the question was generalized as was your response that I quoted. If you are referencing something specific you should be clear on that. AZ Supreme Court ruling on abortion has caused road closures due to protests and counter protest. Also dealt with a couple illegal road blockages and impeding traffic from Trump supporters recently, those were a pretty disgusting couple of incidents. I am really surprised it didn’t even make local news but I didn’t observe the police even arrest anyone just gave citations and told them to move.

As far as your son, I hope his travels are safe and uneventful.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:59 pm Obviously that’s not the case here. And I doubt they give permits to block main roads leading to the airport or to block the Golden Gate Bridge. Permits are given to block some streets and, as you say, make sure that an alternate route is available. This isn’t the case.
People are being not only inconvenienced, they’ve been put at risk. But as I said, more and more people are getting pissed. My son travels tomorrow for Passover, but I’m not worried that these anarchists will prevent him from doing so. He’s in a red state, thank God!
Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:43 pm

When there are permits, blockades are put up and, in some cases, detours are planned. No different than other permitted events such as block parties, music festivals, car shows, sporting events, etc.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Exactly. These protests have never been about Palestine. That’s been the excuse. And now it’s even more obvious. They’ve been getting away with their violent and hateful demonstrations , they’re becoming increasingly aggressive. What happened in Wall Street and later the Brooklyn Bridge, for example, is appalling. People chanting “death to America”, waving Hezbollah flags, wearing Hamas headbands and burning an American flag they forcibly took from a counter protester isn’t a “pro Palestinian protest”. It’s a pro terrorist rally. That shouldn’t be protected under freedom of speech. Promoting and inciting terrorism should be illegal. Actually, I thought it was. Guess either I was wrong or is fine now.
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:58 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:04 pm

LOL!!

Classic.

I don’t think you get me…

I’m saying these protesters have literally nothing to do with anyone’s support or non-support for the Palestinian cause.

The dying children do… the murdered journalists do, but as far as people blocking the road? Nothing at all…

It’s insanely narcissistic that they believe they would have any kind of influence over anyone’s views by being an annoyance…

But yeah… I’ve gotta go for the night, be back tomorrow.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldGal66 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:21 pm
Della wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:39 pm
AZOldGal66 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:37 pm

Where do you get your arrogance from, Della, to make the assumptions you do on the stances of other's?

To answer your feckless assumption, I would feel the same exact way as I do now if it were Pro Israel unauthorized protests.

I can't take you seriously anymore, Della.
I can read, old gal.

Are you okay with providing weapons to a country that uses them outside of the rules of war? Are you against that?

🤔
As can I, Della, and often between the lines that someone doesn't realize are showing.

To answer your question pertaining to weapons, it's situational.

Should Israel be held to the same standards as other U.S. arms recipients?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:28 pm
Della wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:04 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:18 pm

But, it didn’t happen because of an accident, it happened because people blocked the roadway on purpose.

As I said, if someone dies, whether that be from being in an ambulance that was blocked, or having their organ blocked, I would want to see murder charges.
How about these ambulance blockers?

https://www.ems.gov/resources/newslette ... roadblocks
Do you understand the difference between unintended delays they are trying to fix, and someone blocking an ambulance ON PURPOSE.

The “on purpose” part REALLY matters here, regardless of how many accidental delays you post about.
So, it only matters if it's purposeful. It doesn't matter otherwise. Gotcha.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic