Blocking traffic for a political protest…

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:01 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:57 pm
Della wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:55 pm

That's the Old Testament. It's Rabbis from antiquity writing in a futuristic sense. No where in the OT is the land "returned" to the Jews. And they don't believe in the Messiah or the New Testament.
True, but Christian’s do…

Depending on the Christian- some take the OT as incredibly sacred, some look at it as a history lesson, some don’t think it matters all that much…

But the ones in Arkansas anyways REALLY hold the OT to be divine scripture.

Plenty of them celebrate Passover, won’t eat shrimp, won’t eat pork, a lot of them wear hair coverings and long skirts only…
They do all that while ignoring the tense. They have been told what to believe for so long by these so-called men of God, it's ingrained and they ignore it.
So you believe Christians are just brainwashed idiots?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:12 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:57 pm

True, but Christian’s do…

Depending on the Christian- some take the OT as incredibly sacred, some look at it as a history lesson, some don’t think it matters all that much…

But the ones in Arkansas anyways REALLY hold the OT to be divine scripture.

Plenty of them celebrate Passover, won’t eat shrimp, won’t eat pork, a lot of them wear hair coverings and long skirts only…
They do all that while ignoring the tense. They have been told what to believe for so long by these so-called men of God, it's ingrained and they ignore it.
Where did that come from?

No. I think they are ignorant.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:34 pm
mommy_jules wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 am
Della wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:35 pm

🤣🤣🤣

You can thank Cyrus Schofield and John Nelson Darby for that interpretation. It never existed in Christianity until the mid to late 1800's.
Yeah, the Scofield Bible, The Late Great Planet Earth, The Left Behind series, etc. were successful in spreading Darby’s dispensational view. So much so that people are convinced it is the only or at least true Christian eschatological view.

**This is just general information for anyone and everyone. There are 3 views of the millennium, pre-, (2 subcategories, classic and dispensational), post-, and amillennialism.

For 2,000 years, Christians have tried to piece together what the Bible says about the end. A wide swath of orthodox interpretations are possible, and it’s easy to get confused by the different terms people use.

There are four main eschatological views, and each proposes a different take on three key aspects of the end of the world: the millennium, the binding of Satan, and the relationship between Israel and the Church:2

Amillennialism
Postmillennialism
Historic premillennialism
Dispensationalism
https://www.logos.com/grow/what-is-eschatology/

*Historic and classic are interchangeable. You’ll see some sources call it classic and other historic. The main point is to distinguish it from dispensationalism which this source labels it as its own category. The source goes on to give a brief description of each one if anyone is interested.

Pastors also disagree about the details of the millennial kingdom.

About half (48 percent) believe in premillennialism, the view that the 1,000-year reign of Christ happens in the future. A third (31 percent) believe in amillennialism, the view that there’s no 1,000-year reign—instead Jesus already rules the hearts and minds of Christians.

One in 10 (11 percent) believe in postmillennialism—the idea that the world will gradually become more Christian until Jesus returns.

Most pastors were split by denomination:

Baptists (75 percent) and Pentecostals (84 percent) are most likely to choose premillennialism.
Lutherans (71 percent) were most likely to choose amillennialism, followed by Presbyterian/Reformed pastors (52 percent) and Methodists (37 percent).
Methodists (27 percent) were more likely than other denominations to choose postmillennialism.
https://news.lifeway.com/2016/04/26/pas ... mplicated/
The left behind series?

You guys are bringing up books written in our lifetime…

I’m talking about scripture written in 518 BC.

None of that has anything to do with Christians supporting Israel, it’s way to attempt to gaslight them into thinking they’ve been fooled.. but your reason for thinking that doesn’t have anything to do with what I’m talking about.
You have any available?
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:13 pm

Classic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And ironic…
Slimshandy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:36 pm

Classic.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lol palpable irony…
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:09 pm And ironic…

Classic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Classic.
Baptists (75 percent) and Pentecostals (84 percent) are most likely to choose premillennialism.
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:09 pm And ironic…

Classic.
Why don't you explain - where in Jewish scriptures does God return the land to the Jews?
306/232

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think people are more complicated in their morals and beliefs, not just Christians, and the situation in Gaza has required people to really think about their beliefs and their morals, again, not just Christians.

Interesting article I read yesterday that I'd thought I'd share:
https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/2024-04 ... a86551dad8

Also, when we talk about protests, I think the protestors on the bridge were misguided and frankly annoying. They were causing discomfort and distress to people who had nothing to do with the war in Gaza and couldn't enact change rather than focusing on the people who could. I find blocking of bridges and roadways as a poor demonstration of protest whether it's protesting the war in Gaza or or Covid restrictions or everything in between. What "good" protest looks like is this:

https://churchleaders.com/news/475829-d ... e-rns.html

Sure protestors were arrested as they were breaking the law. But civil disobedience has always been a form of protest in our country from throwing tea into the harbor to sitting in cafes to transporting women who wish to seek abortion. The idea that charges should be added to the already existing laws for those who engage in civil disobedience is really obviously not something I would support.

I've been protesting since I was in the womb and one thing that continually is frustrating is that there will always be "bad actors" who co-opt the protest for their radical agenda and often use violent language or actions to do so. The media loves this so out of thousands or even tens of thousands of peaceful protestors, the video clips chosen will be of actions of a few who either use violent language or have violent actions and while obviously these few don't represent to masses of protestors, they become the face.

I honestly believe that people, if they think about it, can see beyond the clips and form their own opinions on the cause and whether it is something they support or don't support and recognize that there are degrees within every choice - people don't have to be all in or all out.

Sorry for the long and disjointed post. It's been a long and disjointed day! But there are several conversations going on in this forum and I find it easier to address them all with one response.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic