Blocking traffic for a political protest…

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:57 pm
Della wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:55 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:42 pm

Zechariah 14 has been around since at least 515 BC

Zechariah 14
A day of the LORD is coming when your plunder will be divided among you.
I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city.
Then the LORD will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights in the day of battle.
On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south.
You will flee by my mountain valley, for it will extend to Azel. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake [1] in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the LORD my God will come, and all the holy ones with him.
On that day there will be no light, no cold or frost.
It will be a unique day, without daytime or nighttime--a day known to the LORD. When evening comes, there will be light.
On that day living water will flow out from Jerusalem, half to the eastern sea [2] and half to the western sea, [3] in summer and in winter.
The LORD will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one LORD, and his name the only name.
The whole land, from Geba to Rimmon, south of Jerusalem, will become like the Arabah. But Jerusalem will be raised up and remain in its place, from the Benjamin Gate to the site of the First Gate, to the Corner Gate, and from the Tower of Hananel to the royal winepresses.
It will be inhabited; never again will it be destroyed. Jerusalem will be secure.
This is the plague with which the LORD will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.
On that day men will be stricken by the LORD with great panic. Each man will seize the hand of another, and they will attack each other.
Judah too will fight at Jerusalem. The wealth of all the surrounding nations will be collected--great quantities of gold and silver and clothing.
A similar plague will strike the horses and mules, the camels and donkeys, and all the animals in those camps.
Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.
That's the Old Testament. It's Rabbis from antiquity writing in a futuristic sense. No where in the OT is the land "returned" to the Jews. And they don't believe in the Messiah or the New Testament.
True, but Christian’s do…

Depending on the Christian- some take the OT as incredibly sacred, some look at it as a history lesson, some don’t think it matters all that much…

But a lot of Christians in Arkansas anyways REALLY hold the OT to be divine scripture.

Plenty of them celebrate Passover, won’t eat shrimp, won’t eat pork, a lot of them wear hair coverings and long skirts only…

“ This is the plague with which the LORD will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem” is a big one.
7th Day Adventists?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:33 pm You know my son has been studying in a yeshivah in a red state. Not a single incident all these time. The friends he has there that are for NYC or NJ do experience problems when they go back home.
Now I’m not saying there aren’t anti Israel activists in red states. But thing is, law enforcement is usually allowed to keep things under control, also the public is less tolerant to it. I saw a video a couple of months ago of a pro palestinian who tried to disrupt an event with Abbott and like 4 guys grabbed him and threw him out.
These protesters know where to do it, where they can get away with it.
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:39 pm
EarlGrayHot wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:32 pm Yes it's annoying and NO you CANNOT take matters into your own hands. And I'm sick of the implication that this kind of thing only happens in "red" states. In fact, it doesn't really happen all that much here.
I haven’t seen it happen in the two red states I’ve lived in either.
Dallas is a blue dot. With the exception of that police shooting (which was terrible), people don't block the traffic and it's not a good idea as crazy as the drivers here can be. I can see somebody getting ran over.

Who Greg Abbott? I hadn't heard about that.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’ll see if I can find it on Instagram, but it was a while ago!
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:13 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:33 pm You know my son has been studying in a yeshivah in a red state. Not a single incident all these time. The friends he has there that are for NYC or NJ do experience problems when they go back home.
Now I’m not saying there aren’t anti Israel activists in red states. But thing is, law enforcement is usually allowed to keep things under control, also the public is less tolerant to it. I saw a video a couple of months ago of a pro palestinian who tried to disrupt an event with Abbott and like 4 guys grabbed him and threw him out.
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:39 pm

I haven’t seen it happen in the two red states I’ve lived in either.
Dallas is a blue dot. With the exception of that police shooting (which was terrible), people don't block the traffic and it's not a good idea as crazy as the drivers here can be. I can see somebody getting ran over.

Who Greg Abbott? I hadn't heard about that.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:24 pm
Pjmm wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:15 pm
Della wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:25 pm

If this were pro-Israeli groups, I believe your attitude would be entirely different.

We all have things we support.

"Organizers say these protests are a part of A15, a worldwide economic blockade in solidarity with Palestine and calling for an arms embargo and an end to U.S. taxpayer funding for Israel. Monday is the tax deadline for most Americans."

https://abc7news.com/pro-palestinian-pr ... /14668534/
Speaking for myself Idc if they're blocking for climate change, gun control, LGBTQ and women's rights. Those are my particular support activities btw. Unless you've a permit, don't close a road. Don't close any major bridges or highways. And even if you've got auth from Jesus Himself don't block emergency vehicles, sirens on or not. Do a sit-in at city hall, protest on the sidewalk, or a side street with a permit if you want. The only thing you're doing by closing a major highway or blocking total access is turning people against your cause.
Would you change your stance on those topics over protestors closing or blocking access?

Personally I think protesting by blocking emergency vehicles is already an arrestable offense, as it should be.
No my stance on the topics would remain the same. But I'd be disappointed in a group that used such tactics.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:13 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:57 pm
Della wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:55 pm

That's the Old Testament. It's Rabbis from antiquity writing in a futuristic sense. No where in the OT is the land "returned" to the Jews. And they don't believe in the Messiah or the New Testament.
True, but Christian’s do…

Depending on the Christian- some take the OT as incredibly sacred, some look at it as a history lesson, some don’t think it matters all that much…

But a lot of Christians in Arkansas anyways REALLY hold the OT to be divine scripture.

Plenty of them celebrate Passover, won’t eat shrimp, won’t eat pork, a lot of them wear hair coverings and long skirts only…

“ This is the plague with which the LORD will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem” is a big one.
7th Day Adventists?
I’m not sure, I know the church they go to is up the street from me and has “tabernacle” in the title, but I’m not really sure what they are.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

There is a lot of support in Arkansas, and I assume all red states.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:10 pm We appreciate all the support that has come from non Jews. As I said before, my son was at the airport yesterday and a woman approached him and said “God bless you” and showed him she had a Star of David bracelet. She said she wasn’t Jewish but stood with Israel and Jews. My son was very grateful for that.
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:40 pm It would be VERY rare to have anti Israel sentiments in a red state because most red states are Christian, and it says in the Bible that you will be cursed forever if you stand against Israel… so most people wouldn’t dare.Jesus Christ was a Jewish Israeli, so there’s definitely a kinship there.

mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Della wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:35 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:40 pm It would be VERY rare to have anti Israel sentiments in a red state because most red states are Christian, and it says in the Bible that you will be cursed forever if you stand against Israel… so most people wouldn’t dare.Jesus Christ was a Jewish Israeli, so there’s definitely a kinship there.

🤣🤣🤣

You can thank Cyrus Schofield and John Nelson Darby for that interpretation. It never existed in Christianity until the mid to late 1800's.
Yeah, the Scofield Bible, The Late Great Planet Earth, The Left Behind series, etc. were successful in spreading Darby’s dispensational view. So much so that people are convinced it is the only or at least true Christian eschatological view.

**This is just general information for anyone and everyone. There are 3 views of the millennium, pre-, (2 subcategories, classic and dispensational), post-, and amillennialism.

For 2,000 years, Christians have tried to piece together what the Bible says about the end. A wide swath of orthodox interpretations are possible, and it’s easy to get confused by the different terms people use.

There are four main eschatological views, and each proposes a different take on three key aspects of the end of the world: the millennium, the binding of Satan, and the relationship between Israel and the Church:2

Amillennialism
Postmillennialism
Historic premillennialism
Dispensationalism
https://www.logos.com/grow/what-is-eschatology/

*Historic and classic are interchangeable. You’ll see some sources call it classic and other historic. The main point is to distinguish it from dispensationalism which this source labels it as its own category. The source goes on to give a brief description of each one if anyone is interested.

Pastors also disagree about the details of the millennial kingdom.

About half (48 percent) believe in premillennialism, the view that the 1,000-year reign of Christ happens in the future. A third (31 percent) believe in amillennialism, the view that there’s no 1,000-year reign—instead Jesus already rules the hearts and minds of Christians.

One in 10 (11 percent) believe in postmillennialism—the idea that the world will gradually become more Christian until Jesus returns.

Most pastors were split by denomination:

Baptists (75 percent) and Pentecostals (84 percent) are most likely to choose premillennialism.
Lutherans (71 percent) were most likely to choose amillennialism, followed by Presbyterian/Reformed pastors (52 percent) and Methodists (37 percent).
Methodists (27 percent) were more likely than other denominations to choose postmillennialism.
https://news.lifeway.com/2016/04/26/pas ... mplicated/
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 am
🤣🤣🤣

You can thank Cyrus Schofield and John Nelson Darby for that interpretation. It never existed in Christianity until the mid to late 1800's.
Yeah, the Scofield Bible, The Late Great Planet Earth, The Left Behind series, etc. were successful in spreading Darby’s dispensational view. So much so that people are convinced it is the only or at least true Christian eschatological view.

**This is just general information for anyone and everyone. There are 3 views of the millennium, pre-, (2 subcategories, classic and dispensational), post-, and amillennialism.

For 2,000 years, Christians have tried to piece together what the Bible says about the end. A wide swath of orthodox interpretations are possible, and it’s easy to get confused by the different terms people use.

There are four main eschatological views, and each proposes a different take on three key aspects of the end of the world: the millennium, the binding of Satan, and the relationship between Israel and the Church:2

Amillennialism
Postmillennialism
Dispensationalism

*Historic and classic are interchangeable. You’ll see some sources call it classic and other historic. The main point is to distinguish it from dispensationalism which this source labels it as its own category. The source goes on to give a brief description of each one if anyone is interested.

About half (48 percent) believe in premillennialism, the view that the 1,000-year reign of Christ happens in the future. A third (31 percent) believe in amillennialism, the view that there’s no 1,000-year reign—instead Jesus already rules the hearts and minds of Christians.

One in 10 (11 percent) believe in postmillennialism—the idea that the world will gradually become more Christian until Jesus returns.

Baptists (75 percent) and Pentecostals (84 percent) are most likely to choose premillennialism.
Lutherans (71 percent) were most likely to choose amillennialism, followed by Presbyterian/Reformed pastors (52 percent) and Methodists (37 percent).
Methodists (27 percent) were more likely than other denominations to choose postmillennialism.
Thanks for sharing this. I would say I'm more a believer in amillennialism.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Della wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:51 pm

🤣🤣🤣

Amillennialism
Postmillennialism
Dispensationalism

Thanks for sharing this. I would say I'm more a believer in amillennialism.
That’s the way I lean as well.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

🤣🤣🤣

Amillennialism
Postmillennialism
Dispensationalism

The left behind series?

You guys are bringing up books written in our lifetime…

I’m talking about scripture written in 518 BC.

None of that has anything to do with Christians supporting Israel, it’s way to attempt to gaslight them into thinking they’ve been fooled.. but your reason for thinking that doesn’t have anything to do with what I’m talking about.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic