Blocking traffic for a political protest…

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:14 pm
mommy_jules wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:45 pm
Della wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:25 pm

I believe there's ignorance in not understanding how one's religion came to be.
That’s much different than personal beliefs…and I think one of my links kind of touches on that, so yeah, I wouldn’t disagree with that.
This is too ridiculous of a conversation to even have…
She’s just now learning that some Christians believe in the Old Testament and trying to say they’re ignorant for it…
I'm almost 60 and you think I'm just now learning about religious beliefs? Are you drunk?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:32 pm
Della wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:29 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:17 pm

Is there something confusing about the sentence “who believe the Old Testament is divine scripture, think all of the above will happen one day.”?

It doesn’t need to be written in the New Testament as well for them… they ALSO believe in the Old Testament…

I think you’re under the impression that ALL Christians believe that only the New Testament counts… that is not the case.
Which brand of Christianity do you follow?
Why?
Because this seems like another subject you aren't familiar with.
306/232

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:25 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:14 pm
mommy_jules wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:45 pm

That’s much different than personal beliefs…and I think one of my links kind of touches on that, so yeah, I wouldn’t disagree with that.
This is too ridiculous of a conversation to even have…
She’s just now learning that some Christians believe in the Old Testament and trying to say they’re ignorant for it…
I'm almost 60 and you think I'm just now learning about religious beliefs? Are you drunk?
Oh good…

I’m almost 40 and I know why there are a lot of Christians who believe in the Old Testament…

Do you?
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:29 pm
Della wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:29 pm

Which brand of Christianity do you follow?
Why?
Your knowledge is thrilling us all.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:07 pm

Why?
Your ignorance of certain topics and the aggression you show when you're unknowledgeable is comical.
306/232

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:29 am
Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:07 pm

Your ignorance of certain topics and the aggression you show when you're unknowledgeable is comical.
Sure thing.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:25 pm But here…

This is New Testament, and it’s the reason a lot of Christians believe the Old Testament is divine scripture:

Matthew 5:14

17Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them.
Who is he speaking with?
306/232

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:21 am

This is New Testament, and it’s the reason a lot of Christians believe the Old Testament is divine scripture:

17Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them.
Who is he speaking with?
That’s probably a question you can answer for yourself since you’re so much more knowledgeable than me when it comes to Christianity.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:16 pm Unfortunately, these protests are not peaceful.
I don’t understand the idea that the status quo MUST change. If there’s nothing wrong with the status quo, why does it need to change? And should we change it to something better? Because these protests are filled with calls to “globalize the Intifada”, “death to America” and other violent and genocidal phrases. Just recently, this was heard at Columbia University

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]

And this:

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]

That’s the new status quo these people are protesting for…

RIZZY wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:01 pm I support the right to protest. I hesitate to support protests which block traffic, leave trash behind, etc.

However, I also recognize that our democracy, our republic, is broken. Peaceful protest simply doesn't work in a veiled oligarchy. Sitting on the side of the road with a sign worked in the old days. It doesn't work anymore, especially when you are protesting something government sanctioned.

I don't know what I want to happen, or how it should best be handled, but I believe more and more every day that the status quo will not change without radical revolution. And that's pretty scary.
Huh? I didn't say the protests were peaceful. I'm saying peaceful protests do not work. People who benefit from the status quo are the ones who think it doesn't need to change.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:06 am
Della wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:21 am

Who is he speaking with?
That’s probably a question you can answer for yourself since you’re so much more knowledgeable than me when it comes to Christianity.
😂5150
306/232

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic