Earthquake rattles Northeastern U.S., shakes felt in New York City, New Jersey, Connecticut

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

[quoteAn earthquake rattled the northeastern United States on Friday morning.

According to the U.S. Geological Survey, the 4.8 magnitude quake was centered 7 kilometers north of Whitehouse Station, N.J., about 50 miles west of New York City, at a depth of 4.7 kilometers.

It could be felt as far as south as Washington, D.C., and as far north as Boston.][/quote]

https://www.yahoo.com/news/earthquake-r ... 32095.html
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

😳 Did you feel it? Everything alright?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No reports of damage or injury so far... Bridges and tunnels were closed for a bit to inspect everything but back to normal now.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Glad everyone is okay. We were in a minor earthquake in Oklahoma (possibly due to fracking) and while it caused no damage, it was shocking.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Della wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:20 pm 😳 Did you feel it? Everything alright?
Everything is OK. Thank you.

Yes I felt the house shake it was weird I had no idea until my FB blew up with everyone asking what is was.

The traffic was backed up a bit and some flight were delayed but back to normal now.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:07 pm
Della wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:20 pm 😳 Did you feel it? Everything alright?
Everything is OK. Thank you.

Yes I felt the house shake it was weird I had no idea until my FB blew up with everyone asking what is was.

The traffic was backed up a bit and some flight were delayed but back to normal now.
Good. That was a bit of a shock (no pun intended).
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
RealisticBeauti
Villein
Villein

Unread post

That earthquake scared the crap out of me. I thought a plane was about to crash into our home. My mom in New Jersey started praying during the earthquake. I was too busy looking in the sky for a plane lol.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Earthquakes are one of my biggest fears.
I’m glad there have been no reports of fatalities or major destruction. How scary!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic