"Unhumans"

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:52 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:42 pm
Della wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:29 pm

It equates exactly with everything that Donald has said, doesn't it?
Dehumanizing language =/= dehumanizing language
How many times can you find me using the term? 😁
Let’s not pretend here…

You know you say it, I know you say it, they know you’ve said it, and I’m not going to go searching through the posts trying to prove to you what you already know.

You started with the “ it’s not comparable” … I’m saying I think it is comparable.

And it’s a good discussion to have because both political sides in this country seem to make a lot of rules for thee, but not for me… maybe it all has to end?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:59 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:42 pm

Dehumanizing language =/= dehumanizing language
Let’s not pretend here…

You know you say it, I know you say it, they know you’ve said it, and I’m not going to go searching through the posts trying to prove to you what you already know.

You started with the “ it’s not comparable” … I’m saying I think it is comparable.

And it’s a good discussion to have because both political sides in this country seem to make a lot of rules for thee, but not for me… maybe it all has to end?
We all now understand checking isn't your strong suite. I did the work for you. Go back a page.

Here's some more info on the actual topic. If you wish to continue deflecting again, I'm too busy to entertain you tonight.

"At an event on Tuesday at Mar-a-Lago, Posobiec announced his new book, co-authored with Joshua Lisec, to be published by Skyhorse Publishing, will be released on the fourth of July."

https://humanevents.com/2024/03/23/dona ... k-unhumans

Btw, that's his website. You might like it.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:32 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:17 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:00 pm

Sorry…don’t know.

You two spend far more time listening to extremists than I do.
I don't really but Posobiec was involved in Unite the Right, he was the "Pizzagate" conspiracy theorist, is a known neo-nazi collaborator, and was praising the Oath Keepers at Jan. 6th. A lot of mainstream media has been talking about him for years so I assumed that women in this forum would know who he was or look him up. I encourage you to look into him and a good place to start would be SPLC https://www.splcenter.org/splc-investig ... t-movement. You might understand why I'm concerned.
I tend to disregard people like that…

I don’t really give them airspace.

And if he’s calling for the end of democracy, he’ll be unimportant even to republicans eventually.
He has called for the end of democracy, lol.

You and I disagree on "airspace". Figures like Posobiac, Loomer, Bannon, Jones, Kirk, Spencer, and a whole slew of alt right characters used to be on Twitter where their posts were sometimes followed but often time ridiculed or reported. Twitter (and I thought they were right about it at the time), banned them from that space in an effort to keep hate speech (because that's a lot of what they say) off the site. So they all went over to Trump's truthsocial where they have each amassed millions of followers. Musk them back on twitter and now twitter is a cesspool of alt right, extreme thoughts and posts. IMO now is that if twitter had allowed them to continue to spout their vile on the site, they would have continued to be ridiculed and people would have disregarded them as fringe. BUT, when only having an audience that is prone to agree with them and no push from "the other side", they were able to amass a following far larger than they previously had on twitter - an audience that had no other voices to counter balance their words.

I think it's really important to listen to those who are stumping for a presidential candidate as well as listening to the candidates words and assume that that those words are true to them. Just to also call out that both Kirk and Prosobiac were contributors "Project 2024" so its important to state that this messaging is what the Christian organization Heretage Foundation also believes as well as the GOP.

I admittedly don't get my news from a lot of sources, just a handpicked few that I choose to subscribe to or the 20 or so journalists I follow on Twitter so when these names come up again and again, I'm going to look into it as I think it's important to be informed.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:10 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:59 pm

Let’s not pretend here…

We all now understand checking isn't your strong suite. I did the work for you. Go back a page.

Here's some more info on the actual topic. If you wish to continue deflecting again, I'm too busy to entertain you tonight.

"At an event on Tuesday at Mar-a-Lago, Posobiec announced his new book, co-authored with Joshua Lisec, to be published by Skyhorse Publishing, will be released on the fourth of July."

https://humanevents.com/2024/03/23/dona ... k-unhumans

Btw, that's his website. You might like it.
You’re too busy, I’m too tired…

Let’s leave it then.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:11 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:32 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:17 pm

I don't really but Posobiec was involved in Unite the Right, he was the "Pizzagate" conspiracy theorist, is a known neo-nazi collaborator, and was praising the Oath Keepers at Jan. 6th. A lot of mainstream media has been talking about him for years so I assumed that women in this forum would know who he was or look him up. I encourage you to look into him and a good place to start would be SPLC https://www.splcenter.org/splc-investig ... t-movement. You might understand why I'm concerned.
I tend to disregard people like that…

I don’t really give them airspace.

And if he’s calling for the end of democracy, he’ll be unimportant even to republicans eventually.
He has called for the end of democracy, lol.

You and I disagree on "airspace". Figures like Posobiac, Loomer, Bannon, Jones, Kirk, Spencer, and a whole slew of alt right characters used to be on Twitter where their posts were sometimes followed but often time ridiculed or reported. Twitter (and I thought they were right about it at the time), banned them from that space in an effort to keep hate speech (because that's a lot of what they say) off the site. So they all went over to Trump's truthsocial where they have each amassed millions of followers. Musk them back on twitter and now twitter is a cesspool of alt right, extreme thoughts and posts. IMO now is that if twitter had allowed them to continue to spout their vile on the site, they would have continued to be ridiculed and people would have disregarded them as fringe. BUT, when only having an audience that is prone to agree with them and no push from "the other side", they were able to amass a following far larger than they previously had on twitter - an audience that had no other voices to counter balance their words.

I think it's really important to listen to those who are stumping for a presidential candidate as well as listening to the candidates words and assume that that those words are true to them. Just to also call out that both Kirk and Prosobiac were contributors "Project 2024" so its important to state that this messaging is what the Christian organization Heretage Foundation also believes as well as the GOP.

I admittedly don't get my news from a lot of sources, just a handpicked few that I choose to subscribe to or the 20 or so journalists I follow on Twitter so when these names come up again and again, I'm going to look into it as I think it's important to be informed.
We can’t just force people to shut up when we don’t like what they say…and this kind of proves why. If they weren’t silenced on Twitter they would have gone on being mostly ridiculed until they went away, but we decided they should be silenced so they went somewhere else they wouldn’t be silenced, and the people who identified with being unheard followed… so now they’re bigger than before…

I don’t follow any of them on Twitter, and I’d go as far as saying most people on Twitter/x don’t follow them either.

The only reason people follow them is because in some way the person following feels slighted in society in some way.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It’s really weird to me that people think that Trump and people like this are more Christian/moral than the “left” or Biden. I know most people I know don’t agree with all this, but they don’t completely disagree nor do they firmly speak against it. Burying your head in the sand doesn’t make these people go away or even keep you from believing and repeating much of their rhetoric even if it is more watered down.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:26 pm It’s really weird to me that people think that Trump and people like this are more Christian/moral than the “left” or Biden. I know most people I know don’t agree with all this, but they don’t completely disagree nor do they firmly speak against it. Burying your head in the sand doesn’t make these people go away or even keep you from believing and repeating much of their rhetoric even if it is more watered down.
I also think, least talking to some local conservatives, that there is a tendency to write it off as "Trump being Trump" and not even realizing that the rhetoric has increasingly become more offensive, more discriminatory, and more violent. This isn't just an equal response to MAGA being called deplorables. It's kind of like the boiling frog.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I guess that makes me an unhuman then. Ask me anything, lol.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic