Severe weather check-in

mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The storms pose the most significant threat for tornadoes so far this year, with parts of Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana most at risk. Ohio hasn’t been warned of a tornado threat this substantial in more than 10 years, according to SPC data. It’s in this region where strong tornadoes could form and stay on the ground for several miles at a time.

Tornadoes are also possible outside of the area of greatest risk in a widespread area from Alabama and western Georgia north to parts of Indiana and West Virginia. Tornadoes here could reach at least EF2 strength.

All told, more than 75 million people are at risk for severe thunderstorms from the Gulf Coast to Great Lakes. Many could encounter damaging winds of 60 to 80 mph and hail ranging from the size of quarters to baseballs.

The prediction center has urged residents in the storms’ path to monitor forecasts because the areas under risk could change. “Now is the time to ensure you have a severe weather action plan in place,” it advised.

Over 17 million people from Illinois to Maryland also face a flood threat from the storms, with flood watches lasting into the evening and rainfall totals of up to 5 inches possible.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/02/weather/ ... index.html

Schools released early today in my area. It supposed to get rough here later this evening. How’s the weather in your area?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I'm in Kentucky we're at 5/5 for severe weather and 20% for a tornado within 25 miles of a point with >10% chance of a significant tornado.
There's a dead tree over my house and I don't have a decent shelter I'm at a friend's house who has a basement.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

We're supposed to get some rain from these storms tomorrow. Stay safe!
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:29 pm I'm in Kentucky we're at 5/5 for severe weather and 20% for a tornado within 25 miles of a point with >10% chance of a significant tornado.
There's a dead tree over my house and I don't have a decent shelter I'm at a friend's house who has a basement.
Stay safe up there.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:26 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:29 pm I'm in Kentucky we're at 5/5 for severe weather and 20% for a tornado within 25 miles of a point with >10% chance of a significant tornado.
Stay safe up there.
We're good! Didn't even get hit by a tornado warning or severe thunderstorm it all went around us. The state as a whole was hit by 30 tornado warnings and countless severe thunderstorms. There's a lot of damage.
And then there's this poor guy...
https://www.facebook.com/share/v/o3DrdU ... tid=oFDknk
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We're in the northeast. Lots of rain yesterday and overnight. Windy today. However, no shelter alerts and schools are open.

Stay safe ladies!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic